Visit us on facebook

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:53 pm 

Korey Packer wrote:
If theres no way to fill the holes then I guess I'll have to. I'll go over to their site and see if I can learn anything...

You might try to sell it "as-is". Folks pay good money to Mag-na-Port and there is someone for about everything. I don't care for the process, but they do a lot of business so obviously many do like it. Snag one of them and you can probably get enough out of the sale to come out way ahead of having it rebarrelled as someone that likes that feature will pay a bonus for it. Just a thought.
Best regards,
Jeffro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:24 am 
Members

I just got an email back from S&W, they said it would be $200 to re barrel it... I might be better off starting over. The thing is I dont want a gun with that key lock... :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:30 am 
Members

Korey Packer wrote:
I just got an email back from S&W, they said it would be $200 to re barrel it... I might be better off starting over. The thing is I dont want a gun with that key lock... :(

Good morning,
I am taken by Korey Packer's idea of having the piece rebarreled. Is it possible to re-barrel it with a 3 inch bbl? Back in the late 60's I had a "bull" bbl Model 36 J-frame with a "square" grip on which I had the hammer bobbed. It was a nifty u/c , hidden by the Kinte Cloth Dashiki, kind of a piece. 8)
I have these reoccuring visions of an older Model 49 Bodyguard with a three inch bbl. 8) 8)
The three part question is:
What would be entailed, how much dinero is guessed at, and who could/would perform that kind of surgery?
(Imagination/inspiration. Lennon did not know the half of it. Nor did Lenin). :lol:

Sitting back and eagerly looking foward to the incoming intel.
Ari Ariel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:28 pm 
Members

While I do not have the photography skills some on here have, I do love the 40-1:

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:02 am 

Since bodyarmorguy liked the Model 42, I thought I would bump this one to the top so he could look at it.

Traffic's a little slow on the site. I hope more of you will add to the already great posts.

Rob