It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:47 pm 
Members

Now I need to find some custom grips.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:32 am 
Members

David Thomas wrote:
'Now I need to load up some hard-cast LBT LFNs/WFNs and shoot this beauty. Then I need to find some custom grips worthy of it.'

There, now . . . Fixed it for ya' (no charge, neither). :mrgreen:

Seriously? That's one fine shooter you got there.

Best of luck on yer' grip-search!

-ArtCrafter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:40 pm 
Members

David,

That´s a nice Bisley, I still have a hard time looking for a good pair of grips for mine, well I´m after one with no flare, just a flat cut like the ones used by Freedom Arms, which feel great on my hands with all kind of loads...

I will send you a pic of my Bisley conversion with custom grip I have, you will see there´s a lot of difference, at least till the right one shows up!!

Btw: I´m looking for the new SS Bisley 45LC. if you know of any that needs a new home, well..

Alex

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:22 pm 
Firearms Industry
Firearms Industry

Nossar wrote:
David,

That´s a nice Bisley, I still have a hard time looking for a good pair of grips for mine, well I´m after one with no flare, just a flat cut like the ones used by Freedom Arms, which feel great on my hands with all kind of loads...

I will send you a pic of my Bisley conversion with custom grip I have, you will see there´s a lot of difference, at least till the right one shows up!!

Btw: I´m looking for the new SS Bisley 45LC. if you know of any that needs a new home, well..

Alex

Lots of them for sale on http://www.RugerForum.com ...getting one to Peru....I don't know how you do that part :mrgreen:

John Ralston
5 SHOT LEATHER, LLC - Finely Crafted Custom Handgun Leather

http://www.5ShotLeather.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:14 pm 
Members

John… you’re getting to deep my friend 8) :lol: 8) !

Its just as ease as doing all the paperwork and being veeery patience…
All I can say is that the most interesting guns in my personal collection has been imported through a Gun stores or a dealer with an import / export licence, If you are a real gun junky and knows what you want, you must go this way sometimes or you will be limited to what the local market has to offer and that’s a very poor option. So after finishing with all the paperwork and forms; here comes the hard part… you have to go through a long waiting periods of 4 to 6 + months.

Then you can finally get the documents just to start the process to request your new license, and finally you get your new gun!!!

Yea, its kinda complicated but as other good things in live they worth the wait at the end… :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:43 pm 

Alex, almost sounds like Peru is as bad as California!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:29 am 
Members

ArtCrafter wrote:
David Thomas wrote:
'Now I need to load up some hard-cast LBT LFNs/WFNs and shoot this beauty. Then I need to find some custom grips worthy of it.'

There, now . . . Fixed it for ya' (no charge, neither). :mrgreen:

Seriously? That's one fine shooter you got there.

Best of luck on yer' grip-search!

-ArtCrafter

Are you kidding me? :D The bullet mold was already designed and made, the bullets were already cast and lubed, and then stuffed into some primed brass on top of a hefty charge of H110... long before the gun made it back to my door. And the shooting part, that goes without saying!!

Thanks for all of the nice comments guys. This configuration of Bisley has been a dream of mine for over a decade now. I took it out yesterday and made some steel gongs sing (or were they crying?) with those massive 360 grain slugs.

Last edited by David Thomas on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:44 am 
Members

Nossar wrote:
David,

Alex

Alex, Please post a pic of your Bisley!! I would love to see it as I am sure others would, too.

Also, do you know of anybody that is good with leather that might be able to make a holster for my Bisley? :idea: :D