Visit us on facebook

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Jim Stroh S&W 45 Colt
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:49 am 

Just got this one back from Mr. Stroh. Top notch work to say the least. Keith Brown did a fine job on the French walnut Roper grips too.

A beater M29-2 before:

A very tight 5" 45 Colt after:

I believe his interchangeable blade screw on front sight design is the slickest out there.

In an old El Paso Saddlery holster I had.

Last edited by Boxhead on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:02 pm 

Boxhead, I don't see many posts by you here or elsewhere. However, every post that I've seen has some wonderful revolver goodness. This is no exception. A very tasty piece of work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:25 am 

Oh I am around, on the Ruger, Single Action, 24hr, AR forums and others. Not a huge 1911 tinkerer but I have a couple. I am now working/residing in the Middle East so the "banning" of many website's is quite common. Also, this site seems to come in waves, busy then slow? Appreciate the nice comments.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:28 am 

VERY nice job Boxhead!! I love the .45 Colt round, and let a nice S&W Mountain gun go several years ago that I used to use constantly. Regret that everytime I go to the woods. I had never thought about doing a conversion like this, so you've given me some food for thought. Thank you, and I agree with Bill....been impressed with what I have seen you post in the past. I was just thinking last night that things seem to be getting a little "dry" around here lately other than the SHOT show stuff. Maybe you could help liven things up a bit..you know most of us here DO love wheelguns too!! Keep your head down wherever you are, and Godspeed to you sir! Best regards--John

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:02 pm 

Beautiful piece Boxhead. I have let several 45 Colts go over the past couple of years, funding school. A 25-7 and a pair of 25-9's. Going to have to get on the stick and find some more. I really like the route you took with this one. That 5" barrel just seems to balance out perfectly for me.