Visit us on facebook

It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:13 pm 
Members

Here are a few custom Mag-Na-Port revolvers......
First is a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug, .44 Special.

A S&W model 696 .44 Special
S&W model 28, .357 Magnum.
S&W model 28, .44 Special.
A teaser photo, Custom still in the works.

Larry Kelly, and Bocephus (l.).

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:52 am 

Thanks for sharing those fine snubbies with us ! :D

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:57 am 

Bocephus my friend, you've done it again! Very nice selection. (By the way, I hate to tell you but you have something on your nose in the picture!) I do have a question for YOU this time and apologise for getting "off-topic" a bit. What do you think of the Bulldog in general, and that is one of the newer generation ones isn't it? I have wanted to talk to someone who actually has one to find out their pre/post custom thoughts on these. Yes, I have been thinking about getting one and having Mr. Sams do a full-Fitz on one of these too..lol! If you don't want to go into it here, please send me a message here with general Ideas on the base gun and then post custom (I'd bet some others might be intersted too though!). Also since you have a Fitz-fetish like me, what do you think of the idea? I had already spoken with Dave a couple of years ago about it and he kind of grunted and said it wouldn't be a brand that he would "normally" do, but if the customer paid for it...lol. Thanks-John

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:34 am 
Members

JR Munsey wrote:
Bocephus my friend, you've done it again! Very nice selection. (By the way, I hate to tell you but you have something on your nose in the picture!) I do have a question for YOU this time and apologise for getting "off-topic" a bit. What do you think of the Bulldog in general, and that is one of the newer generation ones isn't it? I have wanted to talk to someone who actually has one to find out their pre/post custom thoughts on these. Yes, I have been thinking about getting one and having Mr. Sams do a full-Fitz on one of these too..lol! If you don't want to go into it here, please send me a message here with general Ideas on the base gun and then post custom (I'd bet some others might be intersted too though!). Also since you have a Fitz-fetish like me, what do you think of the idea? I had already spoken with Dave a couple of years ago about it and he kind of grunted and said it wouldn't be a brand that he would "normally" do, but if the customer paid for it...lol. Thanks-John

Hi JR,
To try, and answer your question regarding "the Bulldog in general". Lets start off by saying, "it ain't no Smith & Wesson!
The Bulldog seems solid enough, but should probably be carried more, and shot less. The trigger, out of the box is terrible. Mag-Na-Port got it smooth out very nice. Yes, this Bulldog is a newer generation. I have never owned an older Bulldog, but from what I have heard, the older ones were much better quality.
As for doing a "full Fitz" on the Bulldog, I would say NO. The revolver has its two sides, the grip frame, and trigger guard fit between the the sides, and is held together with screws pinching it together. It's a wierd set up. If you saw it, you would know what I mean. Also the cylinder is held in by a screw in the front of the frame near the trigger guard (similar to the front screw on a S&W 5 screw). Cutting the trigger guard in my opinion would weaken the structure of the Bulldog. A "semi-Fitz" shouldn't be a problem.
I hope this answered your questions.
S&W is missing the boat on this one. If they would make a similar size/weight .44 Special it would sell like hot cakes.
Regards,
bocephus

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:11 pm 

Thanks for the reply (and you can ignore the IM on the subject in this case). I had a buddy that had one of the older Charters and he loved it, and when the newer ones came out I read the mixed reviews on them and it scared me off of buying one, but I didn't know anybody that actually OWNED one..so thanks again for the input!-John

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:17 am 
Members

Finally received the Elk Horn grips for the Bulldog.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:32 pm 

One revolver in .22 and a MK II with SSK rib/mount