Visit us on facebook

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My "Custom" Revolver
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:30 pm 

I have an eclectic collection of custom knives and guns. I belong to Michigan Gun Owner's discussion forum and every once in a while someone will sell something a little different. Here's a S&W Model 25-5 .45 Colt that I found there this past winter. I suspect it started out as an 8" blued gun; then someone sent it to MagnaPort (about 35 miles west of me) for a barrel cut and crown to 6" plus MagnaPort; an action job (as evidenced by the numbered cylinders), and refinished with their Magnalite hard chrome finish. The green neoprene from sight insert is also a MagnaPort item. It is almost as smooth shooting in double action as it is in single action. I added up all the work done by them and it would have cost around $875; I paid less then that for the gun. Here it is:

The first thing I did when I got home was to remove the whiteout from the top of the sight. It shoots even better then it looks...

Post subject: Re: My "Custom" Revolver
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:55 am 
Members

Neat piece, Mag-na-port used to do nice work (as evidenced in your pics). I haven't seen anything of their's in awhile. Don't understand the reasoning of cutting it to a factory offered length, though. Woulda been cool at 5in! Enjoy it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 pm 

Quote:
I have an eclectic collection of custom knives and guns. I belong to Michigan Gun Owner's discussion forum and every once in a while someone will sell something a little different. Here's a S&W Model 25-5 .45 Colt that I found there this past winter. I suspect it started out as an 8" blued gun; then someone sent it to MagnaPort (about 35 miles west of me) for a barrel cut and crown to 6" plus MagnaPort; an action job (as evidenced by the numbered cylinders), and refinished with their Magnalite hard chrome finish. The green neoprene from sight insert is also a MagnaPort item. It is almost as smooth shooting in double action as it is in single action. I added up all the work done by them and it would have cost around $875; I paid less then that for the gun. Here it is:

That gun that will added to your collection is incredible cool. You can use it also as a security weapons.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:38 pm 
Members

Very nice revolver cwo4uscgret. I recognized the Mag-Na-Port work before I read your review. Mag-Na-Port does awesome work. Enjoy! 8)
Reminds me I have a Ruger .41 mag. there for custom work. I'll call them tomorrow. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:16 pm 

A10ACN wrote:
Neat piece, Mag-na-port used to do nice work (as evidenced in your pics). I haven't seen anything of their's in awhile. Don't understand the reasoning of cutting it to a factory offered length, though. Woulda been cool at 5in! Enjoy it!

Kind of been a while since I read this thread but A10ACN I just remeasured the barrel; it is 4-7/8" long - close enough to 5" for me. Although the gun is a 25-5 S&W did not make a full lug 25-5 barrel. I suspect that it came from a Model 325...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:45 am 
Members

Holy Guacamole! I glanced, saw the full lug, and mistakenly thought that it was a 686!! DUH! A 25??!! How cool is THAT! I'm guessing it was a 625 barrel and HC'd to match the carbon and SS. Way cool gat!! You've had it long enough now to give us a range report (hint).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:21 am 
Members

Very nice revolver..