A recent influx of questions and actions relating to the For Sale section have caused us to take another look at the rules and use guidelines for the sales section of our board. As such, below you will find the updated rules for using the For Sale section.
* Before being allowed access to the For Sale forums you must have a minimum of thirty (30) posts in the other forums AND
have been an active member for thirty (30) days. Be aware that it may take up to three (3) hours before access is granted.
Additionally, a quick flurry of posts with the intent of raising your post count in order to grant you entrance to the For Sale section won't cut it. Being an active participant
is what is required, not digging up old threads and/or making a bunch of "I like it"
or "Nice gun"
posts in short time span with the sole intent of gaining access to the For Sale section.
* No auctions here, or OBO, or anything like that. Please make it easy for all of us and list a price, and your location. We do not allow the sale of any items "on spec". If the item is not ready to deliver, do not list it. No sale can be tied to the future purchase of materials or services.
*Eligible members will not be permitted to post items that are not in thier possession. No links to auction sites or for sale ads that are on other websites or forums and no "my friend has this gun for sale" posts. The poster must be able to deliver the product directly with no convoluted or irregular payment or shipping arrangements. Three day inspection periods are suggested.
* Listings that are older than 90 days and that have not had any activity will be removed.
* If you sell an item please return to your listing and edit the SUBJECT line to read SOLD
. That way we may remove the listing in an effort to keep a cleaner and less cluttered sales section.
firearms sales must comply with federal, state and local laws. Both the buyer and seller must follow all requirements for legal transfers. If in doubt check with your local dealer and/or see the BATF website. http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm
* The administration of LTW is not here for mediation or arbitration of any sales in dispute. Simply put, all sales are between the seller and the buyer and it is incumbent upon those parties to agree on terms and settle any disputes without involvement of LTW or its Board Members.
We want this board to be a cut above other internet forums. As such we have always sought to keep the focus of the board somewhat narrow, concise, and most importantly useable and we will strive to carry on that intent in our For Sale section.