All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Anyone seen LTW #1
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:17 am 

Lately?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:00 am 
LTW Associate Member
LTW Associate Member

I think it's at Lou's, but when I call his house, the phone's been disconnected :shock:

I'm going to start shopping for a suitable case for #1 - Those who've worked on the gun should think of how you'd like to have your participation represented.

I think a lasered LTW logo on the box lid, with signatures or maker's marks of the craftsmen at each corner would be attractive.

I'd also like to see a letterhead from each with a description of work performed. We could bind the documentation and print a few "in progress" photos to accompany the piece.

Your thoughts??

Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:41 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Excelente, Jefe. I think the documentation is key and had figured on it for #2 (or whatever number the Precision Gunworks/Michiguns project gets). I sent along with #2, to John, a copy of my check list and "line ticket". These may not be really up to snuff for this kind of project, as half the things on the check list are sorta marked "JH" since he's doing the top end, and my "line ticket" is just a page onto which I tape the labels from the bags/packages that the parts I've sued on the gun came in. My way of keeping track and letting the customer know what's in his gun. For LTW I think I should just list them in a letterheaded document to accompany the gun.

The laser engraved case, I didn't dare to hope we could go that far. Can you get them contributed, along with the engraving? I'm sure there is a company or two making them all set up for 1911, right? We could always try to enlist Gerstner, too, I suppose.

If anybody notices I'm not a very prolific poster here, it's only due to my down-level browser giving me some probs with the site (and others); I can't upgrade the browser until I upgrade the 'puter, which has to wait until I figure out how to get a new one down my pants and out the door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:35 am 
Board Member
Board Member

I got it! Man, that gun is absolutely beautiful. Chuck, Stan, and Tim's work is really stunning. I looked that gun over for about an hour with an
optivisor when it came in, and just admired the detail.. The metal work is flawless. Not that I have relegated myself to a position to judge anyone's work, but this thing is beautiful!
I should have a holster, mag pouch, and maybe some other little surprise finished in about a week.

Then I'll run it through the 5000 round torture test after packing it in sand, mud, etc... Just to make sure it runs well for the future customer!
:twisted: :twisted:

Good job guys!
Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:08 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Ted Yost wrote:
I think a lasered LTW logo on the box lid, with signatures or maker's marks of the craftsmen at each corner would be attractive.

I'd also like to see a letterhead from each with a description of work performed. We could bind the documentation and print a few "in progress" photos to accompany the piece.

Your thoughts??

Sounds cool, Ted. What do you need?

Cheers, Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tim,
Don't you have a way or at least know someone who does laser engraving or something similar? That might work if we find the appropriate box, and plate to go on it. Any thoughts?

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:23 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Steve, the only kind of engraving I've used (like on my SideWinder) is YAG laser engraving. Cost prohibitive for a 'one time' set-up.

I would imagine you might have a lot better luck coming up with something in a large urban area such as where you are, as opposed to a small mountain community such as where I are.

Hawaii?!?! Must be NICE!

Cheers, Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:50 pm 
Members

I had a friend of a friend engrave several knives, stainless, for wedding presents. Did not cost much but we only did the date. If you guys like let me know and I'll geta hold of him and see whats up, I'll contribute/ foot the bill. Can't help on the case.
Just an offer.
Tony