Visit us on facebook

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Just wanted to update the members on what is going on here at LTW.

LTW #2 is going to appear in the inagural edition of American Cop the sister magazine to American Handgunner. Roy Huntington has been very gracious and supportive to LTW. We have teamed up with the Warrior Foundation and they have agreed to auction or raffle #2 using Laura Ingrahm the popular political radio host in D.C. She raised 25k on another occassion with the proceeds also going to the Warrior Foundation who's purpose is to assist the childeren of Special Forces members who are taken in battle.

Of course we are hoping with the support of everyone here, word of mouth, and the idea behind why we exist that #2 will bring more for the WF.

With the expert build of #2, coupled with Josh Bulman's leather and the Strider SMF donated by Mick Strider it should make quite a package for somebody.

We are ironing out the details for #3 and #4. But it appears between the two their will be a Hi Power, a stainless under blue 1911, and possibly a rifle. Ted Nugent's Kamp For Kids is slated for one of those projects. Both of these organizations help us to reach as many as possible.

Now for some more interesting news.............Certain smiths represented here have teamed up and built exactly that Team Guns. These guns are underway. Wish I could tell you who the teams are and what they are buillding but rest assured they should weigh in pretty heavy.

These Team Guns will be sold here on LTW giving our members first shot at them. These guns will not be marked LTW but rather marked by the individual smiths. None of the proceeds from these guns go into anyone's pocket from LTW. The total proceeds will go toward us being able to make a positive showing at the 2006 Shot Show. We are getting a bigger booth and trying to up the ante on what and how we do things in the future. These Team Guns give us that chance. Keep your eyes peeled on what is coming from several different teams.

Also in the first American Cop, Ted is doing the giveaway gun. The gun was donated by Springfield Armory with a matching knife being built by Trace Rinaldi. For those of you who have not seen Trace's work, it is outstanding. Trace is also collaborating on an upcoming LTW gun. Good stuff is happening. This giveaway gun will ride is some Alessi leather and accompanying Streamlight flashlight. You can always count on Uncle Lou.

Hope everyone is well. Thanks to all of you, talk to you soon.

Steve

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:14 pm 

Things sound like they are moving along very well. :D Can't wait for the next raffle and the team projects sound cool too. thanks for the updates.

Mark

Post subject: All sounds great
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:02 pm 
Members

Steve and the whole LTW Team,

All I can say is it sure is nice to see positive news once in awhile. With all the killing and hatred in this world it is pretty amazing to see so much togetherness and kindness coming from Gun Rights organizations and LTW leads the list.

The only one of you I have meant is Ned Christiansen but to meet one of you is just about like meeting you all. I sit back as a bystander and notice just how much you all are different yet you seem to all have been born with the same heart.

God bless all of you and stay safe we need you guys around to keep this world sane.

Gary Morris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:29 pm 

More great news from the LTW crew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:22 am 

Y'all are doing really good Steve. We'll all be waiting and anticipating. Thanks for the updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:24 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Fantastic news!
If it all ended right now, the LTW undertaking would be termed a stunning success. But you guys keep going, not only continuing the same good work, but improving on it.

I was impressed when I stumbled onto this website several months ago, but things are already way ahead of where they were then. I can only guess at how much work and time it takes just to organize and coordinate all that's required to make it happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:16 am 

I can't tell you how proud it makes me to know and do business with you LTW guys. Gary really nailed my feelings with his comments. Thanks for doing the "right thing". It doesn't happen nearly often enough anymore.

-Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:33 pm 
Members

My hat, I only wear one when shooting, is off to all you guys involved with LTW. There are so many times in life when you hear someone say "why doesn't somebody do something", well around this joint, there are many somebodies doing something. In any way I can, you have my continued support and my admiration.

Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:46 am 
Board Member
Board Member

kcrowder wrote:
My hat, I only wear one when shooting, is off to all you guys involved with LTW. There are so many times in life when you hear someone say "why doesn't somebody do something", well around this joint, there are many somebodies doing something. In any way I can, you have my continued support and my admiration.

Keith

Keith, I think I can speak for all of us in saying "Thanks a million" for all you have done for this group.
Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Absolutely, thanks a ton Keith. There are several people that support and assist us daily. Thanks to all.

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr