Visit us on facebook

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: American Cop Magazine
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:19 am 

The magazine is out and the gun, knife and leather combo are DA BOMB!!! I think they set the estimated value a tad low at $2500 though... it is priceless!!

About American Cop Magazine:

Ernest Emerson's Article in American Cop magazine entitled, "Anatomy of a Knife Assault" is probably the best written and most well researched article on knife attacks that I have read. Much to my wife's dismay, I was up to about 3 AM this morning reading the premiere copy of American Cop; I was so entralled with the magazine that I couldn't put it down. I could hear my wife pissing and moaning with whisk of every page turning. I was about to put the magazine down when I came to Mr. Emerson's article. He goes through four potential types of knife assaults, how to recognize them, and what to do in order to survive. I won't go into specifics, I encourage you to purchase the magazine... it is money well spent! Ernie writes in a easy to follow and concise matter, no 10 dollar words here. I hope he continues writing for the magazine, his article is worth the price of the mag alone.

The whole magazine is well executed. I think it is the gold standard by which all police oriented magazine will be judged; it has no peer. Every single article in the mag was well written by someone who obviously knew the streets. Not someone who was given a token reserve badge and a job at the range, but people with quantifiable time on the street. Now if FMG would do a Knife magazine, I think they would have us ALPHA males covered!!

Post subject: Got my copy last week
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:01 pm 
Members

I got my copy of American Cops last week. I am still reading and rereading the articles and as John says it is very well written and defiantly a Cops Magazine.

In regards to the write up on the pistol being raffled. I think more time and better recognition to detail and workmanship would have been more appreciated by this reader at least. I may just be prejudice towards Ted's workmanship and devotion to every detail can't help that fact though.!!!!!!!!!!

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:34 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Big +1 on the mag.

Ernie (as always) hits the nail on the head in this article. The man knows his blades and how to use them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:06 pm 
LTW Associate Member
LTW Associate Member

Im not a Cop, I dont even play one on TV;-) But I absolutely loved the magazine too! My 15 YO son and I wore that thing out in a matter of days.
Ernies article was spot on. I dig all the magazines FMG puts out, but I think AC is my new favorite..
Having something I made in the premier issue was VERY cool too.
Roy and Co. have really done a great job, and I cant wait for future issues!! 8)

Take Care
Trace
http://www.THRblades.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:56 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

I LOVE this magazine...I subscribed right away, even the little flash lite thingy works...Love the writting, the articles even the notes to the editor...you got to love that Austrailian guy who keeps writting...lol and the editor printed a response upside down in his reply so the Austrailian COP could read it :lol:

If you carry a gun, read this magazine.

Another great book if you're in Law Enforcement or Civilian Carry..."ON COMBAT" by LTC DAVE DEGROSS. It's how we need to be wired :lol: