Visit us on facebook

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Number Two!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:50 am 
LTW Associate Member
LTW Associate Member

The Ned Christiansen / John Harrison collaboration is here for final finishing and application of the logo inlay.

All I can say is Holy Targets!! This thing is stunning. There was a lot of tongue in cheek speculation early on, considering John has a classic style, very traditional, and Ned is....Well, Ned's style is far from quantifiable using off the shelf words :lol: It's high tech, space age, and awe inspiring!

We envisioned the flowing lines of a classic Bentley roadster melded to Judy Jetson's rocket powered convertible. The result is actually incredible, showcasing the talents of the practitioners in a piece that has a harmony and a true complement of the two styles.

We're thankful to, and proud of John & Ned. Youse guys done us proud!

I'll ask Steve to get some photos up as soon as we get finished here.

Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:58 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

I know that I sure like what I see whenever pictures are posted.

I like middle-of-the-road guns, perhaps leaning to the conservative end. Conservative relative to some of the things I've seen anyway.
While I appreciate the work and skill involved in the more radical guns, they aren't what I'd want. By the same token, the "retro" guns that have become popular aren't exactly what I'd order, but I like the work I've seen.

The LTW guns seem to have struck a fine balance. I would think a fan of either extreme would be tickled pink with one. They're nice enough to impress anybody- at least those who knows fine things. Also, they aren't so flashy that I'd be afraid to take one to say, Gunsite, for fear they would laugh it off the place.

Just the right amount of makeup. Not too slutty, not too mousey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:28 am 

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy.... (Sound of hands rubbing together)

Show us pictures pleaseeeeee! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:35 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Ted, I don't believe I've heard exaclty what the final finish is going to be. John and I had originally talked about something GunKote-ish, since it started out as a Parkerized gun..... but being as how it's going to your for the finish-- I gather bluing is the plan now?

When you blast the MSH, in case John didn't pass this on to you, you need to be careful with the silver-braze joint where I've added metal so the magwell can be extended out toward the rear. The joint is maybe .003 wide, but if a person were to blast it at high pressure with very fine media, and dwell on it with a perpendicular blast stream, it would tend to erode out a few thou, which will make it show.

What's the ETA on this baby?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:39 am 

Usually #2 doesn't have very good connotation, if you catch my drift. But in this case Number TWO has turned out to be a fine weapon. I got to see and shoot it in the white, John had to wrestle it away from me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:46 am 
LTW Associate Member
LTW Associate Member

Ned, it doesn't look like any abrasive blasting is necessary. John's done a beautiful job of prepping the metal.

The finish is going to be blue - No paint on a gun like this!!! Besides, the inlaid logo would become invisible under a coat of paint :)

I'll "Git R Done" ASAP!

Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

TR

Post subject: hmmm...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:53 pm 

...where can it BE?!? Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:59 am 
LTW Associate Member
LTW Associate Member

Sorry gyp_c2 - Been waiting for a little help on the finishing end. It'll be ready soon.

TR