Visit us on facebook

It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: LTW 2005 Wrapup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:26 am 
2005 was a fantastic year for LTW. We opened up the year with our first raffle for the LTW #1 project pistol.

This pistol was featured in the Jan/Feb 2005 issue of American Handgunner. We drew a winner at the 2005 SHOT show in Las Vegas, and his name is Bill Jones. The raffle raised $21,000, of which 100% went to Ted Nugent Kamp For Kids.

Our second raffle for 2005 was a spur of the moment project. We found a new friend in Al Shear. Al was the owner of a very nice Springfield Armory Operator pistol that had been given some serious Ted Yost treatment.

Another friend of LTW, Jim Keeney, donated a Remington 870 shotgun. We decided to raffle both off in July, and raised $10,000. Again, 100% went to TNKFK. The winner in this raffle was forum member Barry McCown.

As if that wasn't enough, we still had the LTW #2 project pistol. And then there is the Ted Nugent signature rifle....

This raffle was featured in the Jan/Feb 2006 issue of American Handgunner (Thanks Roy Huntington!)

We drew TWO winners out of the hat during the 2006 SHOT show in Las Vegas. Kate Krueger chose to receive the pistol package, which included a Strider SMF (courtesy of Mick Strider), and an amazing leather package from Josh Bulman.

Brad Bolz was our other winner, and is the recipient of the Ted Nugent signature rifle.

Again, we worked with TNKFK and 100% of $10,000 went to benefit the kids.

But, we were not finished... Roy Huntington approached us a few months back to discuss Terry Tussey. For those of you who don't know, Terry was seriously injured in a bicycle accident early in 2005. He has been paralyzed from the chest down, and has been in the hospital until very recently.

LTW decided to build an amazing pistol to auction off for Terry's benefit.

The frame and slide were donated by Gary Smith at Caspian, and then they went off to C.T Brian, Don Williams, and Stan Chen. Another friend of LTW, Trace Rinaldi, donated an amazing blade, and Lou Alessi crafted more of his fantastic leather to round out the package.

The final bid for this package was $10,000, and the gang called Terry from the SHOT show to tell him about the money raised for him.

It's been a great year for LTW, and we really appreciate all the support we have received from our forum members, friends, and family.

THANK YOU ALL!

Last edited by madman on Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:46 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Mark, And thanks to you, as well as Bailey, Jason, and any other person who worked behind the scenes to make this all work. Without folks like you we'd just be building guns and nowhere to put em' (no nasty comments please!!). God Bless ya guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:46 pm 

As one of the entrants in all the above mentioned raffles except for Terry's, I too applaud everyone that is involved in these things. The thanks goes from the builders to the ticket buyers. This is truly one of the nicer forums on the internet. I applaud all that help manage this thing. The members here are outstanding. Thanks for allowing me to lurk and dream a little....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:08 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

I'm proud of the prize package I won last year, but I'm at least as proud to be a part of this. The fact that one can be involved in this great thing for the price of a ticket is one of the best bargains ever.

LTW has done a lot of good in the past couple of years, and it's been fun to watch.
Thanks to all of you that do the real work with this project.

So,
What's next?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:11 am 

It has been a great year and I as well as the rest here are excited to see what 06 will bring. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do with the frame I sent in. I just keep thinking how cool it would be to win it back in a raffle, completed of course. :lol:

Here's to another great year...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:15 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

:D I had "Elenore"/LTW #1 out last week. I can't discribe just how Beautiful and Accurate this weapon is...with the different stocks, it's like owning different pistols. I still let others take Elenore for a spin at the range...she's the most popular lady out there...stills draws quite a crowd.

I'm proud to be the Caretaker for this Museum Quality Weapon... it's the BEST weapon I've got and it's been protecting my family and I since she arrived.

Thank you all again...what an Honor :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:34 pm 

Bill,
We thank YOU buddy!
Thank you for your continued support and for being such a worthy winner! :D
We hope you will continue to use and enjoy that pistol for many more years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I have to echo what Chuck said. Certainly glad you are enjoying the pistol, you deserved it.

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:57 pm 

Excellent in every regard!

Now, I have a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket, when can we get a chance at some new raffle tickets? :D

Post subject: Giving
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:29 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

If you read my signature line it really speaks to what LTW is. It speaks of the character of the many people who make it work. Who started it, keep it going, who have a vision that the lives of others can be touched and made better.

My life has been made better for being a part of this wonderful venture!

Thank you all,

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:12 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Al,

You embody what your signature line reads. I think all of our livesbeen made better by getting to know you here or meeting you in person. Of all the selfless acts taking place here by the various artists, I think we'd all agree that yours really set the mark. I know you hate praise, and you're likely the most humble, unassuming guy I know, but thank YOU for taking part in this.

2005 was a great year for LTW, but I'm really looking forward to 2006. I can't wait to see what #3 turns out like. What LTW represents is something that most people likely doubt truly exists. We have witnessed numerous acts of kindness and selflessness. The gunsmiths, leather makers, knifemakers, and all the other contributors have made this site a place worth visiting time and again. I think I have lost focus a few times on what this is really all about. It's not just a place to show and tell about our favorite guns. It's a place for random people who share a common interest in guns to come together and make a difference in the world we live in. I only wish I could see the kids at TNKFK who LTW has done so much for getting to put these funds to use.

GOD Bless you all.

~Jim Keeney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:27 pm 

Al, I agree wholeheartedly with Jim on this one too. Although my friendship with you has only just begun, thanks to another perfect gentleman named Witherspoon, I look forward to knowing you and learning from you both for many years to come!! It is my honor and my priveledge to be associated with the kind of people on this forum! And Jim, thanks to people like yourself, Al and Chip and the others on here do not have to worry about chivalry and manners dying out in the next generation....and I look forward to meeting you very soon and forging a lasting friendship with you as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:36 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Bill Jones Winner LTW#1 wrote:
..It's the BEST weapon I've got and it's been protecting my family and I since she arrived.

And that's a good reason for me to be glad you won it.

And, as far as Al Shear, I know I've probably benefitted more than anyone by "knowing him" here.
Thanks, buddy! I'm still enjoying mine, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:10 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

[quote="Barry in IN]
Thanks, buddy! I'm still enjoying mine, too.[/quote]

Don't thank me, thank Ted. Its his creation and hard work!
I'm glad you're still enjoying it.

As far as the "other" words of kindess, please stop. I have said it before, I did not do anything but make a donation. Same as any other donation in my mind.

The real accolades should go to those who donate the work,time,material and sweat that goes into these projects. They do not just once but many times over for many causes. They have my admiration for their tireless cause. You never hear a complaint, or a no, only "how can we help?"

Al Shear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:24 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

OK,
Thanks, Ted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:33 am 
Members

Im sure I couldnt say more than has already been said...Im looking forward to see what's coming next.

Ild be remiss if I didnt say thanks to everyone that make up this great place, all wonderful people and I learn something everytime I get a chance to come here...always something about the weapons, but more so about people....

Jim