Visit us on facebook

It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: THE LTW #2
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:44 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

After the first LTW project you would think you had seen it all and wondered what else was coming. When Ned Christiansen and John Harrison agreed to do #2 the anticpation started. Being around custom 1911's you start to get a little numb on what has been done and what to do next. The day this one got to the shop Ted was kinda goofy and said "ya wanna see #2?" Of course I did.

Then the reason your getting numb is realizing what these craftsman went through to put together what stopped looking like any other custom as soon as these guys started. Of course everyone is expecting Ned's usual precision with the frontstrap and whatever else comes into the Mensa member's mind. Talking to a friend of mine lately he was looking at his personal gun built by Ned and telling me, "everything is perfect" Well....Ned didn't mail his part in on this one either.

Then you get to the top end of this. I can't tell you how these two builders complimented one another. John's work on the upper is nothing short of amazing. The bevel, the sight cuts, the flat top and ball end cuts on the slide and all the other work that went into this gun by John makes you realize he might be the best kept secret in the industry.

I didn't weigh the trigger but it breaks so cleanly you end up standing there like an idiot laughing. I could go on and on between Ned and John's work, but it is easier to show you. Man, what a gun.

A shot of Ned's Conymyds.

Some work by both of these fine gentlemen. The hammer is rather cool.

Careful attention to detail is what keeps these two as busy as they are. 8)

There was a bit of confusion on who was doing the leather for #2. When we first contacted Josh Bulman he immediately agreed. Well, we gave him a week after the gun was finished AND THEN asked him if he was doing the leather. Sorry Josh. But he came through BIG....The detail and time Josh spent on this combo doesn't cover it. The gun snaps into this holster like you wouldn't believe. The flashlight holder and dual mag pouch is no different....Simply perfect. The shell cordovan body of these items is so well crafted by Josh and then topped off with shark trim. Whoever ends up with this set up is one lucky son of a bitch, because the leather along with this gun is really something.

There is no mistaking which gun this leather belongs to.

The serial number of the gun stamped into the back of the holster was a very nice touch.

If that wasn't enough, there are more pics coming soon. :wink:

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Last edited by Steve Bailey on Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:55 am 
Members

wow, very nice- the gun, the leather everything looks great!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:06 am 

Great job John, Ned and Josh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:19 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Great looking combination guys. Josh the leather is awesome, and the pistol is incredible. What can you say except - so when are these raffels anyway. I definitely have got to get some tickets (maybe more than just some).

JeffVN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:29 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Simply outstanding. Well deserving of the LTW logo.

Seeing work like this is inspiring. The three artisans who brought this beast to life have my greatest respect.

You guys did good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:12 am 
Board Member
Board Member

I won't lie. I always enjoy looking at pictures of my own work. :oops:

This is something quite different, and I can see now that it's a lot more than my work plus John's work plus Josh's work. It came out to be more than the sum of the three.

There's a hell of a lot of work into this project that is not on the marquee here. This gun obviously was not blued at Bubba's Tire Repair and Gun Fixin'. There's a lot of work into getting a job like this through the process and having it come out perfect with no scratches and no other flaws. And I see you guys polished the flats on the slide-- that's a bit o' work when it was a Parko'd gun originally, but it sure was worth it. We had talked originally about this gun getting an all-business Parko-paint-bake finish, but to Ted and whoever else at the shop worked on prepping and bluing this gun, thanks and very well done! And.... the logo, that's the first time I've seen the logo on a gun and it looks stupendous!

And Bailey, methinks thou art too modest. Those are some fine pics my boy, looks like you learned something during your stint as Assistant Photographer at Penthouse :shock: Nice job on the pics, the poses, and the writeup. And let's not fail to notice that Steve is one of the guys doing a lot of the legwork for our little endeavor here; thanks for bein' there behind the scenes.

And we mustn't forget who so generously donated the base gun-- John DelPinto. Pretty hard to put Conamyds and Heinies on thin air....! Thanks John.

So, let me here and now officially declare that I have a way less than 1/3 part in the coolness that is LTW#2, but I am thankful and proud to have contributed what I did!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:27 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Just showed the pics to Mrs. Michiguns. When we got to the leather it sounded like watching a fireworks display-- lotsa oohs and aahhs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:33 am 

WOW!!!! :shock: That is simply amazing!!!! I would give the five discs out of my spine for that!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:45 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Well that's cool enough! 8)

Now I can quit looking at the forum five times a day to see if the gun ever got done! :wink:

Yep, gotta give credit where it's due to Ted and the guys for the blue work and Steve for the great pics (yes, Steve I would like to see several dozen more :shock: ) and special thanks to John DelPinto for donating the pistol and to CYA for donating the magazines.

This has been one of the high points of my year. Thanks for letting me be a part! :D

The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:02 pm 

Ned Christiansen wrote:
Just showed the pics to Mrs. Michiguns. When we got to the leather it sounded like watching a fireworks display-- lotsa oohs and aahhs!

My wife is really not a gun person ( although she has her CHP and a Smith m60 that she "borrowed" from me) and that is almost the same response from her. Haven't heard that since......, well, never mind. :oops:

I keep using the word "magnificent" in my comments on these posts and I really should learn a few more words, but until I do, MAGNIFICENT, GENTLEMEN, MAGNIFICENT.

And BTW Steve, the photos on the punched metal are, uh, well, MAGNIFICENT. Excellent compliment to the pistols details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:36 pm 

Screamin' nice work, gentlemen!

9mm = 45acp set on "stun"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:00 pm 
Members

I was lucky enough to see this gun in person at a couple of different stages; just after John received it from Ned and again right before it was sent out for blueing. You could tell it was going to be something special, but I didn't realize just how nice it was going to be. This gun is a fantastic specimen, and the underlying reason for it coming into existence makes it even more amazing.

All of the talented craftsman involved in LTW #2, and LTW in general, should be very proud of themselves. You guys done good.

I can't wait 'til I win this 8) .

Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:03 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Another beautiful gun!
Great choices- the components, the trimmings, the finish, the leather, the "mechanics" who did the work .....everything. It even has the right trigger for me.

I keep finding details, just like the first gun.
I like the texturing on the slide stop's underside. Neat.
The finish is great- the logo really looks nice.
I like how Mr. Bulman boned the holster to show the ball end cuts of the slide- slick.

You can all shoot it when I win. Please, no Wolf ammo, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:49 pm 

Simply outstanding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:18 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

A firearm of this caliber (no pun intended) is the reason I stay in the custom gun business. It is not for the money as many others out there will attest to. I may never be able to own the examples of craftsman ship but I can "possess" them for a short period of time if they pass through my little retail operation.

The craftsmanship of LTW 1 and now LTW 2 is great.

See you all at the Shot Show 2005.

Terry Peters

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end
http://www.pt-partners.com
@ptpartners_tx

Post subject: I must be blind
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:53 pm 
Members

Guys,

for all the time I spend cruising and reading threads on this site I had not noticed any of this about LTW #2. I can't for the life of me explain how I could have missed it.

I may be a bit late but< WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:59 am 

When will #2 be raffled? when can I purchase tickets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:51 am 
Members

rovman wrote:
When will #2 be raffled? when can I purchase tickets?

+1 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:37 am 
Information will be coming soon. I promise!

--Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:30 am 
Members

me too.. 8)