Visit us on facebook

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:26 am 

It's fixed just purchased the first of many tickets.

Thanks,
David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:34 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Yep its fixed.

I just want to issue a word of caution to the anyone who was trying to get a purchase to go through earlier and it didn't look like it was functioning. I just visited my credit card site this morning to verify that the last transaction went through and found that my two earlier attempts (where the printout showed an incorrect expiration date) had both gone through to my credit card. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I didn't intend to buy that many tickets. David is going to hook me up with a refund - excellent. I'm just trying tp put people on notice to check your balance and see if your earlier attempts also went through.

JeffVN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:48 am 

The site works now.. minor glitch as the confirmation screen states the wrong exp date but the correct date is transmitted to the credit card company.

We are working on fixing that but all sales are going through.

Everything is fine unless you get a message saying the card will not be approved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:33 am 
Members

Mr Kenik,

With SHOT fast approaching, I was wondering if there was an update on how things are progressing?

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:11 am 
Board Member
Board Member

May I add, Jim, with SHOT fast approaching, can we ask all of our members and supporters to make a final effort to get the word out about this worthy cause. Tell a friend, mention it on a forum, heck drop a hint at the gun store.

Our sincere thanks to those of you who've bought tickets! Without you guys, no LTW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:03 am 

I hadnt thought about the simple gun store route. I would like to throw an offer out. I work part time at the busiest gun store in VT. on Mondays and tuesdays.Plus,I have my own gunsmithing business the rest of the week.If one of the board members would like to contact me by PM to get my phone#,we could arrange for me to recieve some flyers or pinups.I could hang and distribute them at the store and include one in each invoice I give to my customers. If this helps let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:27 pm 

Bought 5 tix over the holiday...how long before you get the email confirmation? I printed the confirmation page with the Tix #'s on there..is that good enough?.
Great cause!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:58 am 
Members

Bought some tickets and I'll be at SHOT for the drawing!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:12 pm 

Well...looks like I dont get a shot!! I just "found" $20 dollars I didn't know I had, and thought....I'll buy a ticket for LTW#3!!! I got online with my credit card, and voila...the website will NOT accept my card!! Tried several times, and with only two hours to go..... :cry: :cry: :cry: , GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR 2006 TO END!!! My whole year has been like this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:39 am 

Well..it's me again...not trying to "whine", but I was wondering if there is any type of concession to those of us who were having troubles over the holidays trying to purchase tickets to the raffle. As you see by my last post I could not get "Authorize.net" to accept ANY of 3 different credit cards I have tried!! I just think that due to all the trouble people were/are having with this raffle purchase, there should be some way for us to purchase a ticket? And unfortunately, NO...I could not have bought the ticket any sooner..due to waiting for the last 8 months for my first disability check to come from the wonderful Social Security Admin., all the while having NO other income!! First one just came on Wed. so I didn't have much choice...but figured in good faith that then I could purchase my two tickets! Any suggestions? :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:55 am 
LTW is not running the raffle. POSA Cops 4 Kids is responsible for the raffle, sales, and processing of the tickets.

That said, their website offers an alternative for acquiring tickets:

Quote:
Police Officers Safety Association Raffle
Official Rules - No Purchase or Contribution Necessary

1. You will be automatically entered in the Police Officers Safety Association Raffle (Raffle) each time you donate $10.00 (one entry for each $10 donated) to the Police Officers Safety Association, Inc., a non-profit organization, at http://www.posai.org between 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time on 10/1/06 and 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on 12/29/06. To enter without making a donation, you can request an Official Entry Form by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: POSA Entry Form Request, PO Box 25309, Rochester, NY 14625-0309, to be postmarked by 12/29/06 and received by 1/5/07; VT residents may omit return postage; Limit of one entry form per envelope. Enter as often as you wish, however each entry must be submitted or mailed separately. No mechanically reproduced entries will be honored. Online entrants must be the authorized account holder of the e-mail account from which the entry is made.

Now, I would assume that if you were to stick your $20 bill in with the request, they would take care of you.

--Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:59 pm 

Mark....thanks a million! In my fervent stupidity, I had completely overlooked that part of the agreement! It's amazine how much the desire for a LTW package can cloud one's mind, isn't it! :shock: Thanks again and Happy New Year to all!--John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:25 pm 

And the winner is????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:34 pm 
LTW Associate Member
LTW Associate Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm just back home from SHOT - Sorry we didn't have our regular computer correspondence guru with us this year :lol: (Yes, that's you Mr. Downing :P )

Anyways, here's a short story. Three years ago, a fellow from Texas discovered LTW and immediately offered his support. He's been a friend, a loyal customer, and on at least a couple of occasions, he's selflessly given to help LTW do what we do.

Well, I became an even bigger believer in Karma today. The drawing was done at a remote location by the Cops 4 Kids folks on Saturday night. On Sunday at noon, David Kenik and Ralph Mroz came to the booth with a sealed white envelope. I called the number on the paper inside and had the distinct pleasure of hearing the voice on the other end say "Hello, This is Jeff Van Niel".

Congratulations, Jeff. We're all very proud to know you're the winner. Enjoy #3, and thank you for supporting LTW and the charities we work with.

After talking with Jeff, Ned, Jason, John, Steve, John Van Zyck, Alex Nossar, and I had the honor of presenting a check for $16,000 to Cops 4 Kids and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

Thanks to everyone for helping to make this happen. I've never been as proud to have a part in any group. You guys (and girls) are the best!

Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:52 pm 
Members

Congratulations Jeff....one lucky man.....

$16,000.00...fantastic...working our way to that 20k mark Ted.......

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:22 pm 

Congrats Jeff! I have to echo Ted here about the Karma thing; Jeff and his lovely wife are a truely awesome couple (and I rarely use the word awesome). They have gone WAY out of their way to help my wife and I through a little rough patch in the past which they didn't have to do. I can say without any reservation I couldn't think of a more deserving person. Great job to the LTW crew & Cops 4 Kids!

Randy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:28 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

I guess that's JeffVN? Cool.
Congratulations, Jeff!
Enjoy it in good health.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:07 am 

CONGRADULATIONS JEFF !! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:24 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Excellent!! Congratulations Jeff - hope you enjoy it. Also, thanks to everyone else who bought tickets and helped out on a very worthwhile cause. You guys (and girls) are the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:28 am 

Congratulations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:48 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Hi all - I can assure you that when Ted called I was completely stunned to hear that I had won. If my memory serves - and sometimes it does not - my reaction was to immediatly ask "no SH_T?" to which Ted graciously responded "no s_ _ t" (with audible laughing in the background).

Obviously those 7 years that I spent in college came in handy during this particular conversation. :) :) :) I look forward to seeing that gorgeous firearm and leather work once again (I was lucky enough to visit it in person at SHOT) and to give it a run on the range.

If Ted and LTW will keep accepting the donations that I offer, I'll intend to keep giving to this truly deserving cause.

JeffVN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Congratulations Jeff! We were all stunned and happy it went to one of the people who have always supported us. We were as surprised as you.
Steve

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:50 pm 

Congrats all the way around...need a tix fix...when's the next project gun going up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:10 am 

Awesome! It's even better when a deserving cause gets to reward not only the cause but someone worthy of the reward. Congrats & enjoy that awesome custom work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:42 am 
Board Member
Board Member

6285108 wrote:
Congrats all the way around...need a tix fix...when's the next project gun going up?

Soon... stay tuned. We have made an agreement and have a beneficiary locked in. At this moment I'll just say, this one has a theme.

We have some ideas and are sorting through them......

Don't touch that dial!

Post subject: Another great act
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:56 am 
Members

To all the gus who work with LTW please accept my praise for another great job done by the best.

With all the wars and hunger and hatred around the world. If all could just turn an eye and ear towards LTW it would be a happyer world to live in.

Bless each and every one of you,

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:11 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Thanks, Gary. We're lucky guys to be doing something we love to do!

Post subject: Shooting the LTW#3!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:46 am 

Jeff and I made it to the range yesterday and got a few rounds through the LTW#3, I thought the LTW gang would like a pic or two. As you can imagine, it is a very sweet shooting pistol!

I guarantee Jeff's smile was a little bigger than this when he got the call from Ted......

LTW#3 & Jeff in action

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:30 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

It's good to see it in use!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:59 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

She runs nice and looks great!! Point of aim is where it hits. :) Nobody to blame for a bad shot except the guy behind the trigger. The knife is incredible, as is the Leather that goes with it.

That is my high tech brass catcher in the back ground. Since making it I rarely need to bend over to pick up brass anymore.

JeffVN