Visit us on facebook

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ] 
 Post subject: LTW #1 Raffle has begun
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:49 am 
The raffle has begun. All ticket sales are being handled by Ted Nugent's Kamp For Kids.

More information can be found at http://www.louderthanwords.us/raffle1.shtml and at http://tnkfk.com/1911/

Spread the word! :D

--Mark

Last edited by madman on Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:33 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

AT LAST!!!!!! You know I'm in - and in a big way. I hope the supply of tickets is large, otherwise you're going to run out damn fast. I just know the demand for that work of art is going to be huge.

When I win will Mr. Nugent make the presentation personally at the 2005 SHOT Show? :D

JeffVN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:50 am 

OUTSTANDING! I'm in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:49 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Two of the other 1911 and pistol sites that I visit daily have also now got a thread about the Raffle. Combined with the magazine article, this has all the makings of a whopping big deal and $$$ success for Ted's Kids.

:D

JeffVN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:38 pm 

I'm in, sending via snail mail.
Thanks guys, for a great project for a good cause!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:21 pm 

Just paid for some tickets via PayPal. That's a beautiful gun and a great thing that all involved are doing for the kids!!! I will spread the word as well. Good luck to all!

Post subject: Bad and Good
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:00 pm 
Members

I, unfortunately, live in Calif :cry: . So I can not take proud ownership WHEN I would have undoubtably won :P . But to contribute in the spirit of which the proceeds are going, I am sending a $100 donation to Nugent's camp to be put to good use. Good luck to all of you.......

Post subject: Re: Bad and Good
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:42 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Schlamoo wrote:
I am sending a $100 donation to Nugent's camp to be put to good use.

You ROCK, Schlamoo!!!!!!!!! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:21 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Just judging by the percentage of my customers that are in California, imagine the potential we are missing there for our little endeavor, because of these stupid laws. What a shame. Schlamoo, I know CA has a sh'load of good folks like you, showing what gun owners are really like, thanks for leading the way. The great state of California has always been a trend setter to the rest of the nation, too bad that extends to completely un-thought-out, knee-jerk, feel-good, do-nothing gun laws. My thanks and my condolences!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Schlamoo,
This has happened a few times with good people like you wanting to contribute to the LTW endeavor. From all of us, thank you. The TNKFK are greatful as well. We are hoping this one goes off with a huge success. The #2 raffle is being researched now for a good cause. Again, thank you for your generosity.
Steve

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:50 pm 
Members

Y'all are making me blush :oops: . Thanks for the kind words. Has a gun for project #3 been selected? If not, Steve we may have to talk. Again my best to all of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:07 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

We do have a base gun for #3, past that we don't have anything slated. It gets tough for the projects as they progess, the first two have been nothing short of spectacular.

Last edited by Steve Bailey on Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:17 am 
Board Member
Board Member

If we start with a CA-legal gun, or one that was bought out of or donated from a source in CA, can our CA brethern have it if they win it?

PS. Records show that Dianne Feinstein has bought 1,000 tickets to #1. Just kidding!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:08 am 

Although I'm not absolutely sure, I would think that if the gun is on the current list of certified guns as the base for the custom gun it should be fine. I live in CA and once I buy a pistol that is on the certified list there is nothing to stop me from customizing it as I see fit. Which is why the law seems so ridiculous. For example, I can buy a Wilson Combat CQB pistol only if it meets the specifications of the pistol submitted to CA for approval. However, once I buy the CA certified pistol I could send it back to Wilson and have them change parts out to be like one of the pistols that I could not buy directly. Anyway, I think if the gun is say a Springfield (for sake of argument) which is on the list and once the gun is done it is shipped to an FFL in the original box it would then be registered as a Springfield with the appropriate model number of the base gun. Of course I'm not a lawyer and this is all conjecture on my part. :lol:

I bought some tickets for the raffle anyway. I figure if I win it I will donate back to you guys to give to a deserving individual of your choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:17 pm 

If the base gun is on the CA approved list, it is fine for those of us unfortunate enough to reside in CA. I have purchased 10 tickets so far. I have stockpiled top ramen, so I will be buying more tickets in the near future!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:25 pm 

bigcitydet is correct, if it's on our DOJ list, that's all that matters. I sent several pistols out for work out of state, never a problem, it's still the "same" gun,( albeit better) 8)
But you guys back off, cause I'm winning it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:22 pm 
Members

Yea, all of you are thinking what I was thinking. The base gun has to be listed on the Calif DOJ "approved" list. It must be purchased as a stock gun. Afterwords the owner can send it out for modifacations (customize) and the gun then can be transfered as a private party transaction to the lucky winner here in Calif. This was the concept in my head. ATF, or, Cal DOJ may have a different idea........ :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:19 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

How about an update on the volume (if you know or can find out) and feedback regarding the raffle sales for the LTW I. I know I bought a buch of tickets, and suspect others have too. I believe the sales will go over the top when the magazine article comes out. :D

Everyone that I have talked to (at least in Texas) have been uniformly positive about this effort and the blending of your skill and helping the kids.

JeffVN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:09 am 
Administrator
Administrator

If I get a chance today I will call and check on sales. Tell everyone is Texas we said hello and thank you. Thanks to everyone that is supporting our efforts and most importantly the positive relationship from the firearms industry that ultimately will help children in need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:25 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Steve

I received my Raffle tickets in the mail today, the last one was numbered 0156.

I know its just an assumption, but if they actually started at 0001 - that means $1,560 has been raised so far - and the magazine article has not yet been released!!

You guys are getting it done the right way!!!

JeffVN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:57 pm 

Jeff,
This is from Chuck Buzzy, the Kamp for Kids co-ordinator in response to a inquiry regarding first week sales. Dated 10-15-04.

"Mark an estimate would be 1000 +/- the pay pal shows one page and as
you read it , it could be 1 ticket or 100 tickets and then later
another page shows up confirming received payment , so it's a
coordinated effort. The mailing is going to be very time consuming ,
but obviously worth it in the long run.
I will start mailing tickets out next week, every ticket and page
from every individual is chronologically filed , electronically and
in hard copy. starting with ticket 001 ------through 7,500."

Don't ask me what it means.......I'm as confused as anyone! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:25 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

If they sell 7,500 tickets they will have raised at least $75,000 for the kids (I saw that at lesat a few people that said they don't want tickets and are just sending in checks) that will be great!

JeffVN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I talked to Chuck Buzzy today. Aside from the PayPal avenue, he has been traveling with Ted Nugent to every engagement with each of them carrying a stack of tickets selling them as they travel. Chuck said Ted N. is overly impressed with this project and has been talking about it on his radio and television engagements. Chuck did confirm that Ted Nugent is going to do the raffle at the Shot Show and hang out at the LTW booth for some autographs and support during the show.

None of us had any idea how this was going to turn out. Again, thanks to Chuck Buzzy, Ted Nugent, Chuck Rogers, Tim Brian, Stan Chen, and my part time boss Theo Yost for making #1 the success it has become. A special thanks to all of the LTW forum members who have quickly made this the most professional, high end custom forum on the internet. This forum is a direct reflection of everyone here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:29 am 
Board Member
Board Member

This is getting to be pretty kewl. Thanks Steve, for all you've done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:15 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Steve Bailey wrote:
... Chuck did confirm that Ted Nugent is going to do the raffle at the Shot Show and hang out at the LTW booth for some autographs and support during the show...

WOOO WHOOO!!!! Party with the "Nuge"!!! :D :twisted: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:29 am 

Steve,
Thanks for your involvement and all your hard work.
A question though.......has Buzzy yet to give an estimate of number of tickets sold?
I did not understand his first reply at all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:54 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Well, folks are gonna have to pitch their tents outside the expo hall pretty early to beat me to first in line for an autograph from Uncle Ted. I've had about two decades now of "almost met him" and I will be denied no longer :!: Actually I did write him, back in maybe '93 or so, telling him that he needed to get up to the Second Chance shoot. He sent me a very nice response saying that he knew all about it and had a bowling pin setup at his place but the touring schedule made it tough. Then in '97 or '98, he showed up at the shoot, and did a live radio show from the range. Prob'ly coulda met him then but I didn't want to be a pesky fan running along behind him and tugging on his sleeve.

Post subject: Raffle Tickets
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:56 pm 
Members

I'm in!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:29 pm 
Members

With everyone else winning this work of art, I'll just snail mail the cost of a couple tickets off so the kids are that much closer to the goal(with my luck, I normally have more satisfaction just opening the car window and throwing the money out).
I'll be sure to look you all up in Jan at the show and finally get to meet after the debacle last year--6 days in UMC for angio and 2 stents.
Nothing will stop me this next one.
Jeff

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]