ltwguns.com

Actions Speak Louder Than Words
It is currently Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:59 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 am 
Firearms Industry
Firearms Industry

Alex, that is gorgeous leather, WOW! (We need to talk...should have done so a long time ago :wink: )

Thanks so much for your generous help with this project. All the fantastic extras are going to put this package over the top.

Oh dear, a Neditor drone...we are in real trouble now. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:21 pm 

well done alex, beautiful rig-cameron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:17 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

4TC1s has been cycled through Legacy Custom (Stan) and is now with Chuck Rogers for Golfballing, sandcuts, and a few other bits of magic.

Just back from a few days out and the Chris Reeve knife is here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:40 pm 
Members

Thanks Stan, sure drop me a line when you have some time :wink: .

Yesterday I got the new Tech locks and a special rails made out of camo micarta all courtesy of John Van Zyck from "VZ Grips". so now i can start playing around again in order to materialize the hybrid leather package on #4.

More later... 8)

Alex.

Last edited by Nossar on Wed May 02, 2007 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:43 pm 

I looked around a bit and found a drawer full of carbon steel golfball dimples. I'm installing them this afternoon. I'm pretty sure there are enough for the mainspring housing too!
If I have some leftover, I'll use them on a grip safety.
:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:49 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Chuck, glad to hear it, I was concerned that maybe the only dimples you had left were stainless :o

I'm just back from the National Patrol Rifle Conference where I was able to spend a little time with Brian Sain, founder of AmericanSnipers.org. There have been a few minor snags but the raffle is gonna be up and running ere long.

Think I already mentioned it but the guy who makes the NPRC happen, Jeff Felts, is also the President of Center Mass, Inc. They are contributing one of their Mini-Rifle Rests to our package, which according to Brian is a much-requested item by deployed snipers.
http://www.centermassinc.com

Any of you out there who are LE or military should check out the NPRC on the above site, it is THE patrol rifle event, consisting of a great shooting competition and a conference having guest speakers with some very good information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:38 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Free ticket time.

Who is John Galt?

No, that's too easy and not sniper related.

A Scandinavian farmer ...... what does he have to do with sniping? Good for one ticket....... unless it's stumper. After 24 hours it goes up to two tickets.

BTW folks-- there is a National Geographic special on, June 3rd at 9, "Inside The Green Berets". One of our good friends and an LTW supporter who shall remain anonymous will be in it. I've seen some sneak previews and it will be good!

"Inside the Green Berets

Inside the Green Berets [TV-14 VL]

Sunday, June 3, 2007, at 09P

In a remote outpost in south-central Afghanistan, a group of Americans stand in the breach between the rule of law and the rule of terror. They are Green Berets, part of an elite division of the U.S. Army Special Forces, charged with protecting local civilians from the wrath of the Taliban. For this film, the Pentagon waived their 48-hour limitation on embedded media and allowed NGC cameras to chronicle the lives of these war-hardened Americans for 10 days. "

Post subject: Who is john Galt
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:22 am 
Members

I Swear On My Life And My Love Of It, That I Will Never Live For The Sake Of Another Man, Nor Ask Another Man To Live For Mine. - John Galt

John Galt - The man around whom the action of the novel revolves, Galt organizes and leads the strike of the mind. He is simultaneously the destroyer, the inventor of the revolutionary motor, Eddie’s mysterious friend, and Dagny’s greatest love. Brilliant and perceptive, he is the physical and intellectual representation of man’s ideal. -sparknotes

One of the main chacters from Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:28 am 
Board Member
Board Member

What a great book that is! So relevant to anyone who expects to have to work for a living and feels responsible for their own destiny and actions, and is fed up with those who don't!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:00 am 
Members

Did I win the ticket?
Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:22 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Sorry Bryan--

Re-read that post:

"Who is John Galt?

No, that's too easy and not sniper related. "

Back at it! The question is about the farmer.........

Last edited by Ned Christiansen on Thu May 17, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:11 am 

Snipes, where sniper gets it's name from the brit gamekeepers, migrate there from scandinavia, or used to...now they are raised by farmers and sold in Britain.
How's that?

Post subject: ok another try
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:36 am 
Members

Simo Häyhä a Finish farmer who is the sniper with the most confirmed kills. 505-542.

Bryan

Scandinavia is a historical and geographical region centered on the Scandinavian Peninsula in Northern Europe and includes the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway and Sweden.[1][2] The other Nordic countries, Finland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands, are also sometimes included

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:50 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

A (the) character in Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:13 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Let me rephrase that-
The central figure in "Atlas Shrugged".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:20 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Bryan-- ya gotcherself a ticket. Nice job....and nice job Simo, where ever you are. Gotta figure that a guy who probably grew up harvesting three rocks for every potato would be a determined kind of guy. Add rifle, stand back (way back).

Actually another guy beat you to the answer but he did it by phone while we were on other business..... I had not calculated for this turn of events so am taking the easy way out, ya both get one.

Not a bad guess Little Bear but no cheroot. Thanks for trying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:04 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Let's see if Finland is watching. I have a friend there who is more than a "history buff", more like a genuine historian of Finnish and American military history (esp. US SF)...... Jari, is Simo still alive by chance? What can you tell us about him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:11 pm 
Members

Thanks Ned. My brain needed a little work out. Yes good job Simo, as he preferred iron sights to telescopic. Now I hope my luck lasts for the big draw.

Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:52 am 

IIRC Simo died, I'm not 100% sure on that but I think so. Wikipedia has a quote from him from a 1998 interview so he was alive within the last ten years but later on it states he spent his "last days" in a small town so I assume that means he passed away.

I know he got shot in the head by a Russian sniper which did NOT kill him although I think it took him out of the war. He is said to have recovered from being shot (regaining consciousness I assume) the day peace was declared. Amazing guy and rifleman. We could use a few Simo.

One thing Wiki said was that he is also credited with about 200 unconfirmed kills with a Suomi submachine gun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:54 am 
Members

Now I'm irritated that I don't check here more often. The John Galt question was WAY TOO EASY for me. Great book. Much more interesting than Fountain Head (Still a great book).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:08 pm 
Members

as i found out john G was the answer to the wrong question. Ned did you get my PM?

b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:27 pm 
Members

Simo Häyhä died in April 2002.

Notice that the rifle he's carrying has a telescopic sight. Apparently he preferred to use iron sights because 1) he was used to them, and 2) it gave him a lower profile when shooting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:12 pm 
So now that we're closer to the drawing, how does one go about buying/donating for raffle tix? I've been looking for that info everywhere. I hope I'm not missing something obvious...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:55 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Jason, short answer, that's a totally legit question and all I can say is that I'm told the answer is...."very soon".

We always put the onus of actually running the raffle upon the beneficiary. Any outfit can say, "sure, we'd love to have the donation, send it over", but running the raffle is no small bit of work and agreeing to run the raffle shows a beneficiary is willing to commit something in return. Also, having the beneficiary administer the raffle makes things a lot less complicated legally and the chances of running afoul of any gaming laws are reduced to nil.

Some outfits are more set-up for this, and more experienced at it, than others. Obviously what I'm getting at here is that AmericanSnipers.org has not run raffles in the past and is finding out how tough it can be. They have some knowledgeable people working on it and there will be a dedicated website but the process of getting the thing up and running has been painfully slow...the people working on it, as one might expect, are donating their time and have some pretty demanding commitments elsewhere (read: police).

I am as anxious as anyone to get this thing rolling and nothing will make me happier than to post "GO!" here the moment I can.

Thanks for your patience everyone. The good news is that the drawing is still seven months away.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:46 pm 

Ain't logistics a BITCH!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:27 am 

Let's see... In seven months I'll be celebrating my 49th birthday. What better way to celebrate than by winniing #4? Of course If I don't win, I would graciously accept #4 as a gift to celebrate :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:44 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Oh boy are we close now. Just saw the raffle site in "private viewing" sample mode, looking good. Looks to me like any day now.

Also, after a few days out, I came home to find a box waiting for me-- inside was a pair of brand-newLeupold binos-- no note and they did not come direct from Leupold but I presume they are for the raffle. More details after I get back in the saddle here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:57 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Oh yeah--- and the other box that was waiting for me..... 4TC1s in all its glory. Well, all its glory so far. All I will say for now is, great work Stan, Chuck, and Don! Stan fitted the barrel among other things, so there is a brace of test targets he fired using the existing sights. One ragged hole at 21 yards..... I'm thinkin' if a sniper in Afghanistan had this little number as a sidearm and sorta forgot his rifle one day, he might just get by!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:05 pm 
Firearms Industry
Firearms Industry

OK Ned, I have been following this closely, itching to crack my wallet open. Now that you have had "eyes on" 4TC1s, how about a glimpse for the rest of us? The anticipation is killing me!

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:00 am 

I must add that after reading you received the pistol and no photos followed I called my travel agent to book a ticket to Michigan. Now keep in mind Ned, if I make the trip not only will I be looking at that gun I will be standing over your shoulder in the shop for at least a week with notepad in hand. Not a threat, just an observation... :twisted:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next