Visit us on facebook

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:37 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

I've had the privilege of getting to know several of the americansnipers.org guys over the last few years through avenues other than the LTW connection. These guys are more committed than what can possibly be seen from the outside looking in. They live it and live for it. Last summer at the ACTS Championship match here in MI, one of them drove from Wisconsin, through Chicago, to our awards ceremony to accept a donation for americansnipers.org that was the result of a passing of the hat at the match. Wasn't so much-- I think $1700 or so-- but he came to receive it personally and thank us for it.

Indeed, the bottom line is, E-commerce is up and running. And honestly, if we have a week or 6 months, those that want tickets can buy them in under 4 minutes, so-- it's about getting the word out. We can get as much for americansnipers.org on this as we want to, if everyone who believes in it gets busy.

So, everyone....... GET BUSY! (Where's that cracking whip icon....?)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:33 am 

Since the new e-commerce dealio has gone live, the ticket purchases have been rolling in steady. I've posted the information to a couple different websites and I hope that improves circulation.

Vaughn

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:05 am 
Firearms Industry
Firearms Industry

The raffle deadline is fast approaching....if you've been thinking about buying tickets, DO NOT HESITATE! Go to Americansnipers.org to buy tickets online.

Ticket sales will be open through 5PM Arizona time on SATURDAY May 16, 2009.
This is so ticket sales can be processed in the database for the drawing at approximately noon, Sunday, May 17. This will occur at the VZ Grips booth at the NRA annual meetings in Phoenix.

Here's a fresh look at just some of this awesome prize package, more pics to follow.....

The awesome prize gun built by Chuck Rogers, John Harrison, and Heirloom Precision:

A pair of gorgeous Al Mar knives:

Tactical binoculars from Steiner, Surefire X300, Surefire M3 Combatlight, Wilson ETM magazines, an Emerson folder, and from Eagle Industries a range bag, holster and mag pouch.

As you can see, industry support has been simply fantastic. This is truly an overwhelming prize package. We sincerely thank everyone for their support!

Pics of more of the package, including the awesome leather from John Ralston, to come...

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:31 pm 
Firearms Industry
Firearms Industry

The amazing custom leather of John Ralston, 5 Shot Leather. John really pulled out the stops with this exotic rig! John custom formed it to the exact likeness of the prize pistol for a perfect custom fit.

Now go buy some more raffle tickets, and tell your friends, gun club, everyone! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:34 am 
Members

I don't think I can legally take possession of the gun, but since it's for a good cause, I'll get some tickets anyways.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:50 pm 
Members

Quick question, gents: do ticket numbers get emailed separately after purchase this year? I believe it used to be instantaneous - give your credit card info, receive your tickets right away. This year I only got order/purchase confirmation number. I've emailed to Americansnipers.org but my email probably got spammed since I got no answer.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:22 am 

I got my ticket numbers a day in a separate email a day after I purchased my tickets online.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:44 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

I never received any actual tickets, just confirmation and the ticket numbers assigned to me.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:35 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

I'm in the same position as the above gents; no actual tickets, but I got my luckey numbers......

JeffVN

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:19 am 

I never found where they listed the ticket numbers, this was the only info i received in the email.
American Snipers
1 South Military Ave Ste P #211 Green Bay, WI 54303
Phone: 920-866-9140 Date: April 30, 2009 - 2:10 p.m.
Invoice No: 101109
Customer No: ACC49036
Qty Item Description Color Size Price Subtotal
2 09raffle LouderThanWords Raffle - 10.00 20.00

TOTAL: 20.00

I know its a little too late to ask now, but i would still like to know my ticket numbers, thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:50 am 
Board Member
Board Member

UPDATE!! 5-17-09
WE HAVE A WINNER

I just got a call from Stan Chen and Mark Downing of LTW, two of our guys in the trenches at the NRA Show. I don't know a whole lot about the drawing yet but I have some, ah, very important tidbits. They asked me to post it since apparently connectivity at the Show is bad or nonexistent (matter of fact it took three cel calls to get the info to me.)

Naturally we won't divulge the winner's name until has is contacted and gives permission-- that's in the works, a message has been left for him. What I can tell you, and you guys will love this, is that

-THE WINNER'S INITIALS ARE JMB

-He is from Austin, TX

-His ticket number was 1131

Thank you americansnipers.org for doing all you do to keep our deployed snipers supplied with the critical things they need to say alive, safe, and reasonably comfortable.

Thank you a thousand times over to all who bought tickets--- you have all won too by helping keep our fighting men and women safe. Many of us have friends and relatives over there and who knows who may get to go home safe because of one little $10 donation.

Thank you a thousand time over, and tenfold, to you people over there doing the dangerous and gritty work.

Thanks Stan, John VanZyke, Mark, and the rest of yous that went to the NRA Show to represent LTW. I know that was a lot of work and out of pocket expense.

Post subject: And the winner is . . .
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:11 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

me.

I'm Mike Brown (ok, John M. Brown, if you insist). I got home this afternoon to a message from Stan on my answering machine. I spoke with him briefly while he was returning home from the NRA meeting.

You could have knocked me over with a feather!

I've entered a lot of raffles, but not many with such a good cause as support of American Snipers. I entered with the idea of support, with winning being but a dim hope in my mind. I was never able to join the service due to health reasons, but I've always tried to support our men in uniform. I thank the American Sniper community for their efforts to improve things for our guys in harm's way overseas. I am simply overwhelmed at my good fortune today.

I'm 67 years old, and have been a firearms afficionado since about age 7, and a shooter for over 55 years. My first exposure to guns was my Dad's .45 service revolver. He was CO of an MP company at Ft Benning after WWII. He left the gun unloaded, and ammo, on top of his dresser, and Mikey climbed up to look. I was fortunate not to get caught, or I might have died 60 years ago.

I'm a Life member of NRA and TSRA. I mostly shoot rifles, but I try never to be too far from a handgun. I shoot anything that goes boom, presently ranging from .22 RF to .50 BMG. It looks like I will need to bone up on the 1911 now. I thank all of the craftsmen and manufacturers who contributed to this prize package.

Thanks for listening.

Stay safe!

Mike

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:52 pm 
Mike Brown wrote:
me.

I'm Mike Brown (ok, John M. Brown, if you insist). I got home this afternoon to a message from Stan on my answering machine. I spoke with him briefly while he was returning home from the NRA meeting.

Welcome Mike, and let me be the second to congratulate you! It's always a pleasure to complete one of these raffles, and Stan and the boys from American Sniper did a great job on this one.

Enjoy the pistol and the goodies, and please give us a range report!!!

--Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

John or "Mike" welcome to the family and congratulations. You sound exactly like the type of person who should enjoy this package. Thanks again for supporting LTW and the Snipers.

Now, can I borrow your 1911? :P

Great campaign and again congratulations to all!

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:30 pm 
Firearms Industry
Firearms Industry

Just back from sweltering Phoenix and the NRA Meetings.

Mike, it was a real pleasure talking with you on the phone yesterday. Again, congratulations, I hope the pistol and package give you many years of enjoyment!!! Very poetic, your initials JMB :D Thanks so much for dropping in, saying hello, and telling us about yourself. While the rest of us ARE green with envy, and think we can agree that the pistol and package are going to a genuinely good guy!

And thanks to EVERYONE who supported American Snipers.org and LTW in this latest project! You have helped make this another great success, and the funds will give American Snipers the means to get good gear out to our brave men in the field.

Also thanks again to all of our industry supporters who so generously. Folks please remember them as you buy gear, and help us thank them for their support.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:34 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Congratulations, Mike!

Sorry for the late congrats, but I just checked in here for the first time in a while.
I just want to say:
Use it.
Carry it.
Shoot the crap out of it.
That's what it's for. To be enjoyed.