Visit us on facebook

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:13 pm 

I have met my fair share of custom 'smiths albiet riflesmiths. But this group is definitely special. No attitude, cockiness, or arrogance about them just a mutual respect for each others works. And that folks, comes far and few between when it comes down to true custom smiths. Sure, there are a few out there but just imagine what would happen if you'd try to cobble them all together to display their works in one location. Not going to happen.

I was at SCI the day before and left after 2 hours. For those that have attended before, that's short work considering all the people that attend. I could not stand the 'smiths that were there. Sure they all had their wears to display but when you can't talk to the guy next to you because he's got something that you don't of whatever then what the heck are you doing there anyway?

In closing my short rant, it was my pleasure and honor to have meet the folks in the picture. It's finally nice to put a name and face together especially the mysterious Prince of Leather! BTW, there are 2 persons missing from the pic, Colten B and Ray Harms from the Yo-Bo shop. For all those that attended the show, if you happen to notice a two-tone S/A on the rack, Colten worked that piece over and it's his personally blaster. This kid, has been at Yo-Bo for a handful of months, and let me tell you something, this arrow-chucker can sure make a 1911 sing.

Will

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:15 pm 

I am disappointed that I was unable to meet all of the smiths and people involved in LTW. However it was a pleasure to meet some of you. All the customs looked awesome. Thanks for showing me all the cool stuff. Best booth at the show. Hopefully our paths will cross again and we can discuss our mutual interests. Thanks and a wango-tango to you all……Todd :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:44 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Gentlemen,

Of all the great gun pics that have been on this forum, and all the drooling I've done while getting ideas, I think this is my favorite shot so far... aside from Courtney. Being able to put faces to names and see such an amazingly talented group come together for such a great cause is truly inspirational. You all have organized what is likely the finest pro-gun, pro-kid, and anti-ego ensembles of all time, and I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for your efforts.

Kudos to all involved! GOD Bless you and yours.

~Jim Keeney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:11 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Nice pic - great crew.

But, I suspect that guy in the back is only pretending to be Mr. Steve Bailey. I visitied the booth 3 times during the show and never saw this particular gentleman. Then again I might have been distracted by the great looking firearms and the girls next door. :D :D

JeffVN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:48 am 

Jim Keeney wrote:
Gentlemen,

Of all the great gun pics that have been on this forum, and all the drooling I've done while getting ideas, I think this is my favorite shot so far... aside from Courtney. Being able to put faces to names and see such an amazingly talented group come together for such a great cause is truly inspirational. You all have organized what is likely the finest pro-gun, pro-kid, and anti-ego ensembles of all time, and I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for your efforts.

Kudos to all involved! GOD Bless you and yours.

~Jim Keeney

Amen, Brother.

I did not have the pleasure of attending this gathering and meeting any of the group, but I have corresponded and/or spoken with most of them. They have always treated me as Jim referred to them in his salutation, "Gentlemen".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:51 pm 
Members

I want to thank all of you guys for doing what you do, because, you do it so very, very, well. The guns at the booth were simply outstanding. They so outshone everything else at the show that it almost seemed unfair.

John, Don, Tim, Stan, Ned, and last, but not least, my distant cousin Lou, it was a pleasure meeting you guys. All my best, and I hope this show keeps you guys real busy. But, if I call, put me first in line. :D

For my friends, it was real nice seeing you guys again, thanks for letting me hang out.

Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:23 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Keith, I think I can speak on behalf of the entire LTW cast and crew in thanking you for the wonderful support you've shown us in so many ways.

The banquet you treated us to was an overwhelming act of generosity on your part, and was very much appreciated.

On a personal note, it was an honor for me to become aquainted with you and I enjoyed our conversations. (BTW, my wife says her SideWinder is still not for sale Image.)

My hat is off to you, sir.

Last edited by CT Brian on Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:25 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Keith - Right back at ya! Your patronage and help in this endeavor is really appreciated. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:34 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Hey Jason, From the look on your face, it's apparent that either Lew Bonitz, or Ned Christiansen is touching you in an inappropriate place, but it certainly looks like you were enjoying it!
Is that why Mark had to take 8 shots of the same picture? :wink:
Luigi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:38 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Keith, you're contribution to this whole affair was way above the call of duty, and I salute you sir!
It was such a pleasure to meet you. Your generosity towards this group will never be forgotten!
Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:52 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Louis F. Alessi wrote:
Hey Jason, From the look on your face, it's apparent that either Lew Bonitz, or Ned Christiansen is touching you in an inappropriate place, but it certainly looks like you were enjoying it!
Is that why Mark had to take 8 shots of the same picture? :wink:
Luigi

Luigi - You should see the unedited pictures... the look on Lew’s face is very telling. HA!!!! :P :P

But now that you mention it, the look on Ned's face has me quite curious. Maybe the thong you made for him was "riding up" a bit. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:55 am 
Members

You guys! :) No wonder Stan had to have a gun in his hand just to stand next to you all. :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:14 pm 
Members

I consider it a distinct pleasure and a supreme treat to meet you and for you to allow me in your presence for a short time.

I was by the booth on numerous occasions and NEVER did see Steve--He was probably next door under the counter, but I never heard him gasping for air either :shock: :mrgreen:

Jeff
PS I'll see you this weekend, Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I can only tell you, if I was under that counter you wouldn't have heard me but you might have heard something else. :roll: I saw you Jeff, but you looked busy then you were gone. Next time. Thanks for the support.

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:47 pm 
Members

Isn't somebody missing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:12 pm 
WHO's missing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:20 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Keith, what CT said. "Ya shouldna" but I'm glad you did, thanks!

That look on my face has nuthin' do do with anything except maybe our neighbors in the next booth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:44 pm 

Yep, Ray Harms and Colten Bagnoli......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:31 pm 
Firearms Industry
Firearms Industry

KEITH!!!

That was a tremendous display of generosity and support. I was blown away and so was my guest. Many many thanks, sir!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:30 pm 
Members

Mark Downing wrote:
WHO's missing?

Chuck Rogers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:35 pm 
Ahh, Chuck. He didn't make it to SHOT this year. I'll be sure to get a shot with him NEXT year :)

Basically, the photo was the LTW Board of Directors, minus John Del Pinto, and Chuck Rogers. We'll try again next year, as I expect that will be the next time we all meet together as a group.

:)

--Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:09 pm 

Of course the court jester didn't make the photo either... :lol:

Be well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:10 pm 

Man, what a handsome group of guys! It's nice to put faces to so many names I talk to over on the 1911forum. Those of you that I moderate with there, thanks.

Ted, I really appreciate the offer of a badge to get into the SHOT show this year, but I wasn't able to arrange to go to Vegas. It was a very generous offer, and I thank you.

The work all you guys have done and are still doing on these LTW projects is nothing short of phenomenal!

Thanks,
Brian Majors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:38 pm 

Yeah, I am already making plans to fly out next year (instead of driving and I should be sufficiently healed by then)and listen to Ted and stay at the Tuscany. What difference should it make where my wife loses money gambling??? The Tuscany was a nice place!!
Mark Downing wrote:
Ahh, Chuck. He didn't make it to SHOT this year. I'll be sure to get a shot with him NEXT year :)

Basically, the photo was the LTW Board of Directors, minus John Del Pinto, and Chuck Rogers. We'll try again next year, as I expect that will be the next time we all meet together as a group.

:)

--Mark

Post subject: So close, yet so far...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:10 am 

Aaagh, I can't believe I was right there and couldn't even find time to get by your booth! Sorry guys, I was swamped with work behind the table over at The Wilderness. Waaay busier than I ever expected right through Monday. All I wanted to do was escape the LE area and see LTW and The Nuge again (had dinner next to him at Gunsite in '96 -- wacky guy), but it was not to be. I want to be on the other side of the table next year. :(

Ted, thank you very much for stopping by and saying howdy, I wish I could have returned the favor. The pics of your booth look great.

Alas, I didn't win #1, but darned if I don't still feel pretty good about buying that ticket. Outstanding work gentlemen. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:55 pm 
Members

Thaks for all you do