Visit us on facebook

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:44 pm 
Members

Can someone here please point me to a good resource to help with a knife? A friend of mine has a Benchmade CQC7 that is in overall good shape, however he did not know how to sharpen it and it has what looks like to be rough stone marks where he tried. I called Emerson and Benchmade both to no avail. If someone would point me in a good direction I would be greatful.
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:29 pm 

Benchmade has a lifetime sharp guarantee. Provided your friend hasn't screwed the blade up and includes return shipping, Benchmade will resharpen the blade for him:

There's never a dull moment with a Benchmade... That's right! We will gladly re-sharpen your Benchmade knife to a factory razor sharp edge (service does not apply to any serrated portion of the blade). If you prefer us to sharpen your blade, or if you may have neglected to maintain your edge for a while, simply ship your knife to us. We'll not only sharpen it, but we will also inspect the knife for any warranted repairs and "tune" the knife for optimum performance. Simply ship the knife to the Benchmade address, postage paid and insured. Please enclose your return shipping address with $5.00 for first knife and $2.50 for each additional knife, to cover handling and return shipping charges. Send the knife to:

LifeSharp
300 Beavercreek Rd
Oregon City, OR 97045
Questions can be directed to 800.800.7427 or, email to repair@benchmade.com .
View important warranty information

Note: Any automatic knife returned for Warranty service from outside of Oregon must also include a copy of the owner's police or military identification, or be returned through the authorized Benchmade dealer from whom the knife was originally purchased. No exceptions will be made.

http://www.benchmade.com/about_knives/l ... ervice.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:30 pm 
Members

If you just need it reprofiled and and sharpened I would do it on my EdgePro for ya. Can't remove (polish out) damage to the side of the blade though if that's what he did?

Got a pic?