Visit us on facebook

It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A little knife love
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:20 pm 
Members

It seems like the knife section doesn't get a lot of attention so I thought that I would try to get a little going. I had carried around a Masters of Defense Ayoob Razorback for a number of years.
Link to a website pic ... http://www.24-knives.com/Jacks_Knives_/ ... rback.html

I dropped the knife to a buddy that deals in gun grips, ivory, knives, etc. to work a little magic......I just won a stock knife on Ebay so that I can send to John Ralston for a custom sheath. Image

Post subject: Re: A little knife love
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:27 pm 

Very nice, I regret selling my MOD Razorback.... Grips look awesome BTW...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:12 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Very Cool!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:55 am 
Members

I had a KaBar TDI laying around that was just too damn plain....off to my same ivory guy....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:39 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Very cool. Love the ivory look.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:25 pm 

Every time I go to a Knife Show I try to buy something for me (and somethings to sell). The Glass City Show in Toledo, OH was no different; except they were for me!

On a side note we will be at the 8th Annual Easton, PA/Lehigh Valley Knife Show on Sept 27 and 28. Hope to see you there; look for the "IWANTTHATKNIFE" Banner!

I've known Jim Behring (aka Treeman Knives) for about 10 years; his Scagel style knives are very nice; he has branched out into Tactical Knives as well and the too, are excellent knives. The two I bought this weekend are no exception; I bought one of his Mini-Ultra Phalanxes and one of his T.A.S.S. (TEAMS AND sh$t SHANK) knives.

Here's what Jim says about the TASS (from his website):

Quote:
The T.A.S.S. knife came about when the Seal Platoon decided to have a platoon knife. They also wanted to honor a lost team member Matthew Kantor that was killed in Afghanistan in 2012. Kantor's SOCOM issued designator call sign was E-4. Kantor recieved a bronze Star for his bravery in action and saving many lives. So all the Seals knives have TASS -E4 on the blade.

The Seals voted on the blade design, blade thickness, handles, blade color and sheath configuration. The wanted a 5" blade made of super tough 3/16 " O1 tool steel 56 Rc with Black cerakote finish. Handles are black & green G10. They picked from 4 prototype sheaths. Black leather clip back slip fit, black leather belt sheath with tie down, black leather two points of attachment with tie downs for free fall and strap over guard and around handle or kydex in black.

I got mine with the leather slip sheath with clip; I do not normally carry a fixed blade knife concealed but I've been wearing this for two days IWB on my right side, just past my carry gun; it fits very nicely; and really fits well in the hand.

Here's another one of Jim's knives that I have with a Bardsley Dagger: