Visit us on facebook

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:17 pm 

Hello
I was at a local gun show this weekend and although it is a rather small show, it has produced some very nice revolvers, long guns and accessories in the past for me. Saturday was chocked full of people, so I waited to see what my Gun show buddies had taken in on Sunday. It was about 2:00 in the afternoon when I stopped by to see the guy that recently sold me a nice model 38-44 Outdoorsman, and he had taken in a model 27-2 revolver. It had the 8-3/8" Barrel and was blued. He had it marked at $600.00, but the revolver is not what Interested me, it was The vintage Walter Roper grips it was wearing that did. I asked to see this revolver, and while I was holding it, The vendor asked me if I could use it ? I replied I all ready have a nice model 27-2 at home, but what I could really use is the grips on it. He said that without the Original grip's on it, That he felt it would Hinder the sale as People wanted Guns original. It occured to me that he had No Earthly Idea that the grips he had were Original Roper's, so I asked if he wanted to swap them for a set of Original Factory target grips ? He dove at my offer and Pulled these grips off his revolver. I Gladly swapped with him, and now have them on my model 25-2 revolver as shown. Regards, Kurt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:47 pm 
Members

hi kurt , great find , you never know what you can turn up at a gunshow , I recently found a set of Fuzzy Faarnt grips for a python/ Officers Model Colt, robbt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:35 am 
Members

Can you really sleep well at night knowing you ROBBED this fine fellow?

lucky bastid you are, sir, lucky you are. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:49 am 

guntotin_fool wrote:
Can you really sleep well at night knowing you ROBBED this fine fellow?

lucky bastid you are, sir, lucky you are. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hello guntotin_fool
Yup, I sleep fine. The Guy did not want these. He said they Looked Ugly and he wanted the originals for the Model 27 he had, so I swapped with him. I have found a new revolver for these that deserves them more than my Model 25-2 though. They now reside on my First Year 1935 Registered Magnum being they are from the Late 1930's I felt they would be better Placed on it... Kurt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:43 am 

Hello guntotin_fool
..... They now reside on my First Year 1935 Registered Magnum being they are from the Late 1930's I felt they would be better Placed on it... Kurt

Revolver and stocks look fantastic! Indeed, you are very lucky.

John

Image[/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:08 am 

That's one heck of a score Kurt.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:53 am 
Members

where do you guys find all these mint vintage revolver , you must be cornering the market , thats why I cannot find one , yes I am jealius of these beautifull old sixguns with classic wood stocks, I am drooling . no worry about rust here , I am on the internet , keep posting the great pics, robbt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:00 pm 

robbt wrote:
where do you guys find all these mint vintage revolver , you must be cornering the market , thats why I cannot find one , yes I am jealius of these beautifull old sixguns with classic wood stocks, I am drooling . no worry about rust here , I am on the internet , keep posting the great pics, robbt

Hello robbt & Others
I appreciate your Kind words. This one came from our annual Smith & Wesson Collectors Association meeting held this spring in Troy, Michigan. It belonged to an associate member. if you want the hard to find ones you have to become a S&WCA member and attend the annual meetings... :wink: Here she is witrh a Pair of Original sneakers... Kurt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:22 pm 
Members

hi guys , oohhhhhhhhhhhh, where you do guys find these mint guns , i went to a recent guy show and compared to this revolvers the ones there should have been melted in totoyas rice burners , ohh this hurts , great to look though , any vintage leather to go along with this sixgun ??
robbt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:55 pm 

robbt wrote:
any vintage leather to go along with this sixgun ??
robbt

Hello robbt
Uh No, My Gun's do not see the Inside of any Holsters...Kurt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:04 pm 
Members

Very Nice indeed, and I know the original owner did not want them, I was just pulling your leg....and drooling..