Visit us on facebook

It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:39 pm 
Members

Yep, it was a good week. The pics don't do any of the pistols justice.

The Ace is one of the late 80's models, and is in near perfect condition.

The 1903 Colt is a very early Type I, produced about half way through 1904. It's in excellent shape, with only some blueing loss on the frame and a few very light scratches. Lots of fire blue left on the pieces parts. It does not appear to have ever been carried.

The 1908 Colt was purchased from a customer of mine. It was his father's pistol, and appears to date to 1933. It only has slight holster wear on the front of the slide, but is otherwise in excellent condition. I'm not sure it's even ever been fired!

I'm trying to get my gratuitous picture for the week in before the SHOT pics start flowing in. :)

-Matt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:27 am 

Ahhhhhh..Matt, your gratuitous picture is much appreciated! Some gorgeous eye-candy there amigo! Thanks!--John

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:00 am 
Members

Just got back from a quick range trip. I've removed the original grips for safe keeping and installed some Eagle grips on each of the pocket pistols. These are a bit fatter than the stockers, enough so that they supply a longer grips screw with them. I'm simply shocked at how nicely these pistols fit my rather largish hands.

The .32 pistol was produced in 1904, so it's a Type I model, with the separate barrel bushing. Off hand at ten yards without too much care, it would hold a 2" group for all 8 shots. It needs some TLC and a new recoil spring, but dang, for a pistol that's over 105 years old, I guess it just kind of amazes me.

The .380 pistol is a bit newer, made in 1933, I think. The groups at ten yards were a bit tighter than the '03. I guess I kind of expected that. I sure wish this design would have lived long enough to have been chambered in 9mm.

The Ace shot nicely with Aguila SuperMaximum ammo in the Colt-issued mag. Not so well with the non-Colt mags, and with lower velocity ammo, so I guess I'll be doing some magazine tweaking. :)

I almost don't mind going back to work after a fun little trip to the range. :)

-Matt