Visit us on facebook

It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:02 am 

If you were competing in a shotgun course where speed was a factor, what semi-auto combat shotgun would you choose and why? I figure it's either a Benelli or Remington 1100 or 11-87 but thought I'd toss it out for discussion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:46 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

If you are going strictly on speed you have to go with the Benelli....

Post subject: How about reliability?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:55 pm 

I've heard the 1100 are more reliable with different cartridges than the 11-87, but not sure if true.

What about reliability compared to Benellis?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:26 pm 

See article on fastest semi-auto shotguns. Of those tested in the article:

1. Browning Gold/Winchester Super X2
2. Browning A5/Remington 11
3. Bennelli M1 Super 90

The article also explains the limitations of each concerning cyclic rate.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/ ... .asp?ID=72

HTH

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:12 pm 
Members

The Winchester SX2 that is set up for competition, these are really nice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:13 am 

hoser wrote:
If you were competing in a shotgun course where speed was a factor, what semi-auto combat shotgun would you choose and why? I figure it's either a Benelli or Remington 1100 or 11-87 but thought I'd toss it out for discussion.

I would think that it would probably be irrelevant. There aren't too many guys out there that can out run an 1100 and still be accurate. If you are just getting into three gun find a gun that fits you and let her rip. As you spend more and more time in the sport you figure out what does and doesn't work for you. Having said that, the Benelli is pretty much the shotgun of choice right now amongst the three gun crowd. I don't think you would be disadvantaged running an 1100 competition master or the Winchester Super X2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:43 pm 
Firearms Industry
Firearms Industry

For competition, the Benelli rules the roost right now. With a lightened bolt I think it runs right with the SX2, maybe faster.

You also have far fewer wear parts (the recoil spring in the butt) than with a gas system.

Check our BrianEnos.com - more stuff about shotguns than you could read in a lifetime.

John

John Ralston
5 SHOT LEATHER, LLC - Finely Crafted Custom Handgun Leather

http://www.5ShotLeather.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:09 pm 

I've never used an 1100 or 11-87, although I love the Remington 870 P.M. As for the Benelli, I can tell you from experience that those things are tough as nails, and unbelieveably reliable.... especially the M1014.

Not sure how much this helps, but there you go. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:33 pm 
Members

John Ralston wrote:
For competition, the Benelli rules the roost right now. With a lightened bolt I think it runs right with the SX2, maybe faster.

You also have far fewer wear parts (the recoil spring in the butt) than with a gas system.

Check our BrianEnos.com - more stuff about shotguns than you could read in a lifetime.

John

With the Benelli inertia driven system, they are also much cleaner.....no gas tube directing fouling back into the action like gas guns.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:58 pm 
Members

i have benelli m4 . it will cycle 8 rounds by the time the 3rd empty has hit the ground.. also doesn't beat you up because it's not enertia driven like most Benelli's

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:47 pm 

I know Benellis are the rage in 3 gun, but shouldn't the M1 and M4 be discussed as different systems? I thought the M1 was inertia and the M4 was gas and they were 2 completely different systems? So, which is the fastest of the 2 Benellis?

And on a side note if the M2 is just an improved M1 would it be the best choice of the inertia guns?

I like the M1, but with heavy loads it makes me shoot faster just so I can get it over with :oops: The PAIN :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:17 am 

Another shotgun that I have had very good luck with in the past was the Beretta 1201FP police model. It was extremely fast, utterly reliable and are relatively cheap at about 1/2 the price of most Benellis. I have owned both Benelli and Berettas and the Beretta is somewhat lighter (and also seems lighter to carry) and is very well balanced for me. You might check gunbroker for these as there are usually several on there at a reasonable price.--John

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]