Visit us on facebook

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:31 pm 

I'm thinking about buying a TRG 22 for precision shooting and would like to hear reviews from anyone who has one. How is accuracy and form factor? Is the muzzle break necessary on a .308 and how about a Harris bipod instead of the very expensive Sako version?

Also, any suggestions on where I can get one for a good price?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:32 am 
Members

ecitizen wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a TRG 22 for precision shooting and would like to hear reviews from anyone who has one. How is accuracy and form factor? Is the muzzle break necessary on a .308 and how about a Harris bipod instead of the very expensive Sako version?

Also, any suggestions on where I can get one for a good price?

Thanks.

I have. The muzzle break is not necessary but very nice. That said, I shot it next to a 308 with a surefire break and they were about equal. As for the bipod.....very expensive but worth every penny. I have been trying to figure out how to fit a TRG bipod onto a Mcmillan A4. They are awesome. You can use a Harris and it works fine but the wide base of the TRG bipod is really nice.

Hope that helps, N

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:08 am 

I just got one in trade. I have not fired it yet as I am waiting on my scope to come in. To me a .308 never NEEDS a brake but I happen to have one for it already, the factory brake, so I'll probably use it. From friends accounts and what I have read on other forums, 1/2 MOA is not out of the ordinary. As much as the Sako factory bipod costs, I want to NOT want it but I will probably drop the coin on it at some point. I have seen many Sako TRG rifles with Harris bipods on them but most that have shot the TRG with the factory bipod spring the cash for it. In regards to Sako factory parts, I have read that the factory scope mount rail is not worth the money, it's about $400. Apparently all of the factory accessories are supposed to cost double what you would expect. The Atlas bipods seem to be a popular alternative bipod to the Sako one. The receiver is set up for a scope mount already, so adding a picatinny rail to it, then scope rings seems illogical to me. Regardless of how precision manufactured they are, you are adding parts to it. I plan on getting a Sphur mount for mine. It mounts to the factory receiver directly and is quite a beast.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:28 pm 

A friend of mine has a TRG-22. With the brake, you probably don't want to shoot it at a range with stalls. The muzzle blast blows stuff all over your bench.