Visit us on facebook

It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:10 am 

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a gunsmith (or know of a gunsmith) that would be able/willing to work on "accurizing" and making more reliable either an FN PS90 and FS2000.

Thanks,
-Ken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:58 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Ken, is the PS90 not working? Shot one a bit for an article and it was a sewing machine.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:15 am 

Ned,

First, thanks for responding to my post.

Second, no, both weapons work fine. What I really want done to them are the things we typically rely on artisans like you for on 1911s and Hi-Powers - trigger jobs, accurizing, and making them 100% reliable.

These are the things I want done on both weapons. While many may disagree, I think from an overall "feel" perspective, the FS2K is one of the most comfortable AR-15's I've ever used and would like to see it become my "go-to" weapon for a long gun.

The PS90 is just plain fun to shoot and would be a lot more enjoyable were I able to make close groupings at relatively modest distances (25-50 yards). I also think that the PS90 offers a lot of possibilities for modifications to the way the top-rail system works given how awkwardly it was designed.

The PS90 stuff is mostly "just for fun", but the FS2K, in my humble opinion, could be made from an OK weapon to a phenomenal weapon with a little help from someone like you.

Interested?

Thanks,
-Ken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 am 
Board Member
Board Member

I am but just would not be able so squeeze it in. You gonna be at SHOT? You might find some FNH joy there-- if not I'll try and keep my eyes peeled for you for "stuff" for your Belgians....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:20 am 

Ned,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend SHOT this year.

I'm in no hurry to have the work done, and am happy to wait for the opportunity to have someone of your caliber (pun intended!) work on it or both of them. Just let me know how/if we can proceed.

Also, thanks for the offer of keeping a lookout for "goodies"! One can never have too many of those!!

Thanks Ned.

-Ken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:23 am 

P.S. just let me know when that police officer customer of yours decides to get rid of that custom commander you made for him with the shield driver. I'd love to get my hands on that piece.

Thanks much.