Visit us on facebook

It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:57 pm 

Nice Weapon, Can't wait to buy tickets. However, I never win but it sure is fun trying.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:21 pm 

My first post here, and I wanted to thank all the talented craftsmen involved in building this beautiful 1911. I am in for tickets. In fact, they won't even be the first raffle tickets I've bought for this charity! Like Mike, I have never won a gun, but it is nice to know you are supporting a good cause, and hey -there's always a chance!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:29 am 

Let us know when tickets will be available, I'm in.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:33 pm 
Firearms Industry
Firearms Industry

What an honor it is for me to be a part of this project. Yeah, hard to believe it's #10....though thinking back to #1, and what my shop looked like back then, it doesn't seem like yesterday either.

Thanks everyone for all your tremendous support and encouragement. Without you none of the work for the charities is possible. Here's wishing you the best of luck in strapping #10 on to YOUR hip!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:27 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

OK, you lads that won the tickets-- Email me name, address, email and ph# so I can putchas down for one each at SHOT.

The rest of yas-- we'll be selling tickets at SHOT and as I understand it the raffle going active on the Lara'h Hope site is almost ready to turn on...... stay tuned to-

http://www.karashope.org/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:32 pm 

To all the fine gentlemen who make up Louder Than Words, along with the wives who stand by them, and any support staff who help keep their businesses running like the precision firearms they produce, we can't thank you enough for selecting Kara's HoPE to be the beneficiary of your artistic talents this year.

Holoprosencephally is a congenital defect that inhibits proper division of an infant's brain during the first few weeks of pregnancy. HPE is almost always life limiting, and often terminal. Doctor's can not predict if parents will be with their child for minutes, hours or days, however, many children live and interact as members of their family for years. There is no real warning sign, no genetic testing to predict the condition, and there is no cure. Statistical data is still lacking because many parents elect the easy path and will not carry an HPE child to full term. For those parents who take the hard path, we hope to assist them with the unexpected financial needs which will always come up, but are especially challenging for parents who have no idea what the future holds for their child.

Sometimes the assistance we provide may seem mundane, like making up the financial shortfall when deductibles and co-pay charges begin to mount. Sometimes, families find themselves needing vehicle reparis or help with transportation expenses in order to travel to distant teaching and research hospitals. Sadly, we sometimes find ourselves providing for final expenses when a child passes. Whatever we do for a family, rest assured, it is generally unexpected, and it is always greatly appreciated.

The unique approach of raffling a firearm in order to raise funds is one way in which we hope to demonstrate to the general public, that the firearms community has their hearts and priorities in the proper place. One of our other goals is also to show that guns can certainly serve many useful purposes in a free society. With the help of organizations such as LTW, our mission has been made easier. Because of your support, and because of the following you have already, the task of spreading the word, and spreading our mission of HoPE, is not nearly as daunting.

The link to the Kara's HoPE/ LTW # 10 2013 Fundraising Raffle can be found here: http://karashope.weebly.com/ltw--10-contest.html

Our simple request is this: If you are in a position to contribute financially, please feel free to do so, but if finances dictate that you are unable to enter, please consider sharing our organization, our mission, and our fundraising link, among your social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter. You are more than welcome to e-Mail anyone in your address books as well. We would sincerely appreciate it, as would the families we asssit.

In closing, Our daughter, Kara, was with us for 49 brief, but wonderful days. In that time, we were blessed by an outpouring of kindness from both friends and strangers. In some small way, we hope to pass on that same kindness and support to others who find themselves facing the unimaginable. We can't thank LTW and all of our participants enough for partnering with us to carry out this mission.

Thank You All!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:43 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Woo-Hoo!! :D

Folks - for anyone who hasn't heard from having received the Kara's Hope email newsletter, their site is now set up and handling tickets on-line! Take a look!

Link here -

http://karashope.weebly.com/ltw--10-con ... dium=email

The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 pm 
Members

Thanks for letting us know. Just bought some tickets. You guys are very generous to donate your time and $$ to these projects. $$ goes to a great cause. Hope every member on this site buys some tickets!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:09 am 

[quote="Ned Christiansen"]OK, you lads that won the tickets-- Email me name, address, email and ph# so I can putchas down for one each at SHOT.

The rest of yas-- we'll be selling tickets at SHOT and as I understand it the raffle going active on the Lara'h Hope site is almost ready to turn on...... stay tuned to-

http://www.karashope.org/[/quote]

Sent you an e-mail. Sorry I missed this until now. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:49 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Any updates?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:58 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Al Shear wrote:
Any updates?

I talked with Stuart at Kara's Hope yesterday and they were doing the drawing late yesterday. I have not heard the announcement from them yet, but will make sure it gets posted here as soon as I know. I think they need a little time to confirm the winner's eligibility before they make an announcement.

The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for.