Visit us on facebook

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:24 am 
Board Member
Board Member

LTW Board member Steve Bailey has carried a lot of water for LTW over the years. He handles a ton of LTW administrative work as well as pulling his weight and then some in terms of getting charity guns and "rev" gun projects done ("rev" guns are collaborations between LTW 'smiths that help us generate the revenue necessary to be present at venues like SHOT and the NRA Show).

He's one of those guys who is sometimes hard to reach. I figured out early on he's not one who spends a lot of time in front of a computer. I knew he was a deputy in one of the more "interesting" areas of the country-- the Arizona / Mexico border-- and that his particular department is headed by a rather colorful character. His work there has always interested me, but it has been hard to get a good overall picture; Steve is not one to blather on about himself. Well, I happened to be reading an article the other day and who do you suppose I found?

Give the below link a read if you can-- it's very interesting and deals with a few of the most important challenges facing our country. And there's Bailey, in the thick of it. Steve old pal, I am so proud of you-- we all are. Thanks for watching the gates for us!

http://blackwaterusa.com/2012/05/up-all ... dium=emai

Subsequently I was informed that another LTW BOD member, Jason Burton, also is present for some of these operations and is part of the firearms training program for the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office. Proud of you too brother!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:38 pm 

I've spent a good bit of time out there at Fort Huachuca (and Gunsite). Spent some time roaming around the high lonesome. It is a dangerous place these days. Hats off to the guys that do the hard dirty work of interdicting the drugs and illegals coming through. Big spaces and not enough resources to get the job done, but they keep at it.
Slightly off topic - Had a chance to fly with the neighboring SO in Pima County on one of my trips out there. They have a very nice plane (one of my favorites that any student of the Vietnam war might recognise). It was a great bird before, but the turbine conversion really makes it shine. Lots quieter now. The better to sneak up on your sorry butt. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:27 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Here's a pic from the article-- our own Bailey taking a moment to win some hearts and minds..... well, one anyway.

Or is he checking the cat for contraband?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:50 am 

Thanks for your service Steve - it's appreciated!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:51 pm 
Members

Great article. All I can say is, thats a tough beat....
Be safe brother.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:46 pm 

Steve
I'm new to the site. Be safe out there Brother. Watch your six.
Bob