Visit us on facebook

It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:18 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

This is at the Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy in Richfield, OH, May 30 and 31 2013 (Thursday and Friday). It's 30-40 minutes southish of Cleveland.

As it is at this facility and given under the auspices of the OH AG's office, it is open only to LE and military, sorry (see open enrollment class below). I'm trying to get a few more for the head count on this one. As it happens I am doing one the week prior for the Ohio Tactical Officers Assosiation Conference May 22 and 23, class is full), which may have slowed signups. I've done many classes at the Academy and it is great venue. For this class, contact Drake Oldham:
peter.oldham@ohioattorneygeneral.gov

BUT-- I do have one scheduled also for Durango, CO, open enrollment, July 13 and 14. Great place to visit and vacation, Durango--work it into a family trip. For the Durango class, contact Tim Gwinn:
etgwynn@gmail.com

This applies to both:

AR15 Armorer class with Ned Christiansen

This class will demystify every aspect of the Stoner system as embodied in the AR15 / M16 series. Students will gain a thorough understanding of the fire control group, gas system, and bolt group through pictures, animations, high speed video, and cutaways. Each student will disassemble and reassemble his own rifle several times. Discussion will cover maintenance, preventative measures, and repair of certain areas more prone to failure. Several design aspects that many manufacturers continue to inadequately address, causing serious problems for the end user, will also be covered. Lube, accessories, and ammo selection will be touched upon.

No time will be spent on things like memorizing model numbers and nomenclature or disassembling rear sights—only the aspects critical to keeping the gun safe, reliable, durable, and in the fight are covered.

Students absolutely must have eye protection and should bring a flat-bladed screw driver and a small bottle of lube. Students will be provided a 3/16 Allen wrench, a hand punch disassembly tool of Ned’s design, and a copy of Patrick Sweeney’s book, Gunsmithing the AR15.