Visit us on facebook

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: LTW Project suggestion
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:44 pm 

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this should go here or the LTW project section but I have a suggestion for one of the next LTW projects. I think that the next time you have the proceeds of the raffle go to the American Snipers group, you should offer a custom 1911 and custom AR SPR or AR sniper rifle matched pair/set. Something like an 18 inch barreled upper from La Rue (Stealth Uppers) or something along those lines. I was on several gun makers as well as other forums sites and the 2 of the sites had matched pairs, The first was the Thunder Ranch Special paired AR and 1911 set. That specific set has components that Clint Smith thinks would be good in a fighting pistol and rifle. The next set was from the m1911 ezine, showing pictures from the Shot Show where Nighthawk Custom and Knight Armament collaborated on a set. I saw those and the new 18 inch FDE SPR from Noveske just came out and the idea popped into my head. As for the specifics or specs, you are the gun experts, I just come up with the wonderful ideas. :lol: I suggested La Rue because of their motto, 'God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers'. I have no idea if they would be willing to donate the parts but I thought it may be a good way to support military snipers getting their gear. Though it never hurts to ask. Also, if cost was an issue, you could charge 15.00 per raffle ticket. I am not sure how everyone feels about this idea but I would love to win a custom 1911 and custom SPR set from the LTW 'smiths. I am in awe of the beautiful work that you all do and I wish I had more money so I could buy a custom gun from each 'smith. Thanks again everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:42 pm 
LTW Associate Member
LTW Associate Member

Thanks for the ideas. It's never boring when we get all the LTW minds together in one place. :lol:

This thought came up last year, although the donated gear was already pretty extensive. The rifle never happened, but who's to say if it might happen in the future.

This year's raffle is getting started now, and will continue until just before the SHOT show in January. It's a fantastic package that's benefitting the Naval Special Warfare Foundation. Great group of guys, and the work they do within the SEAL and NSW community is nothing short of miraculous. Be sure to stay tuned here for info on how to buy tickets. E-Commerce will not be an option this year, but telephonic orders will be.

Info will be finalized soon.

Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

TR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:30 pm 

Ted,
I have also talked with my good friend Bill Alexander of Alexander Arms several times about building a 6.5 Grendel or .50 Beowolf for one of the raffles here, and he has visited the forum a few times and liked what he saw. I cannot speak for Bill, but I can say that he seems very interested in possibly doing a sniper set-up for a raffle in the near future. He is pretty well "donated-out" in this year's budget and has recently finished a matched set of a Grendel and a Beowolf for a very prominent lady shooter that should be presented to her at one of the major shows in the very near future and should make for some interesting reading in a few of the major publications soon. As the time nears when he can financially contribute to the cause I will certainly put him in touch with you guys! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Best regards--John