Visit us on facebook

It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:45 am 
Members

This pistol began as a carbon steel Colt Mk IV Series 80 .45. The customer has had me build a few guns for him and this is the second engraved one. The nice engraving is by Armando Carrillo of Lexington, SC. The customer likes the traditional styling and graceful lines of a classic 1911. The entire pistol got a hand polish and burnishing job that I put on all of my Vintage Custom pistols before I blue them. It gives a gun that subtle, satiny shine that I really love to see on a nice gun. The customer specifically wanted a stake on front sight and a Harrison retro rear sight. As far as what other parts to use, he pretty much left that up to me. This is the second gun that I've used the new Harrison beavertail and it is by far the nicest looking and feeling beavertail I've used for a carry gun. On my competition and combat guns, where looks don't play as big of a part, I still use a Ed Brown or McCormick just because I like to get the highest possible grip. But on a "nice gun", the Harrison is the way to go as far as I'm concerned. I used a high quality reproduction ignition set, slide stop and thumb safety from Extreme Engineering. I test fired the gun before I did any work on it to see how good the factory barrel would shoot. It shot some pretty nice groups at 20 yards, so we opted to keep it. It is more than "combat accurate" and will serve him well if the need ever arises. I hope that my customer will carry it with pride. Please enjoy the pictures. Thanks, JT

www.jttimmonscustom1911pistols.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:12 pm 
Members

NOICE!!! Really love how the engraver attended to the details and little bits despite using a bold scroll pattern. Too often one sees where an engraver uses a large pattern to cover more space in order to make a job to time/budget. Nice work on his part. Classic choices on the sights, too!! Nice gat all the way around!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:37 am 
Members

Beautiful.. Simply amazing all the way around.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:30 am 
Members

JT, I really like this classic look. This makes me want to build one like it or buy one... Whichever is cheaper and takes less time... :lol:

Chris

http://www.combatprecision.com
info@combatprecision.com
Facebook/CombatPrecision

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:48 pm 

Looks great JT as always great job!