ltwguns.com

Actions Speak Louder Than Words
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:34 pm 
Members

Heading out to its new home this week, this Full House KGB 45, Brushed Blued Flats - Matte Hardchrome - Beautiful Challis Grips. Built for a great client that really, mostly, cut me loose on this one outside that flat trigger

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:59 am 

Karl that a nice looking pistol, I am sure the owner will be extremely happy with it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:16 am 
Members

Quote:
Karl that a nice looking pistol, I am sure the owner will be extremely happy with it.
Thanks!, after a few years of Lurking here Ned prodded me to participate when we spoke last week

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:02 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Beautiful work!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:04 pm 

Very, very nice work! Interesting aesthetics and features. A bit of retro with the chamfered hammer hole and stippled top strap. I've never seen the stippling carried onto the rear sight, but then again I don't think I've ever seen that type sight on a gun with a stippled top strap. All in all an elegant piece. The case adds to the total appeal.

Is that a longitudinal dovetail front? Whose thumb safety and slide stop? Holster maker?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:11 pm 
Members

Quote:
Very, very nice work! Interesting aesthetics and features. A bit of retro with the chamfered hammer hole and stippled top strap. I've never seen the stippling carried onto the rear sight, but then again I don't think I've ever seen that type sight on a gun with a stippled top strap. All in all an elegant piece. The case adds to the total appeal.

Is that a longitudinal dovetail front? Whose thumb safety and slide stop? Holster maker?
Front DT is normal Novak with a Blended sight (Yost/Harrison Blank), Thumb Safety is a slightly molested Chen unit, Slide stop started as a 10-8, Holster is from Milt Sparks.

Thanks, the Rear sight blended to the slide was a call up from this Kimber I built 7-8 years ago. Added stippling to the slide top per the customer's want for an 'old school' look with modern amenities

https://www.kgbcustom.com/project-2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:29 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

Nice piece. Well executed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:09 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Good Job. The two tone is classic

Terry Peters

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end
http://www.pt-partners.com
@ptpartners_tx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:22 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Holy smokes Karl. I invite you here and you do this :-)

That gun is awesome! When you stipple something you really go for it-- I love that and how it runs over the rear sight. Tell the truth now-- was there a teeny bit of hesitation because that's not usually done and you were worried someone might say "ew"? Well for my part I'm saying the opposite of "ew" whatever that is--- "wow" I guess. Good on ya for doing it, doubts or no.... and so very nicely done.

Impressive accoutrements too. Good stuff all around.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:57 am 
Members

Quote:
Holy smokes Karl. I invite you here and you do this :-)

That gun is awesome! When you stipple something you really go for it-- I love that and how it runs over the rear sight. Tell the truth now-- was there a teeny bit of hesitation because that's not usually done and you were worried someone might say "ew"? Well for my part I'm saying the opposite of "ew" whatever that is--- "wow" I guess. Good on ya for doing it, doubts or no.... and so very nicely done.

Impressive accoutrements too. Good stuff all around.
Thanks all, and Yeah, Ned, I shot a fair amount of ammo thru this one before 'committing' to those sights and where they were haha. I like the look, and first did it on That Kimber on my website (started as a 10-8 rear sight), I started in like usual dehorning the corners one might run into and find uncomfortable when manipulating the slide, then poof, most of the sight was gone! I will be doing more this way in the future, as I appreciate the look and feel, hopefully I am not the only one and some folks buy it but if not at least I had fun getting there :-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:26 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!, after a few years of Lurking here Ned prodded me to participate when we spoke last week
I'm glad Ned talked you into coming over here, I've followed your work on Addicts for quite some time. Matter of a fact I purchased that 1985 stainless Colt from you that's lurking around your shop somewhere.

Eric

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:31 am 
Members

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm glad Ned talked you into coming over here, I've followed your work on Addicts for quite some time. Matter of a fact I purchased that 1985 stainless Colt from you that's lurking around your shop somewhere.

Eric

Its actually, on my bench right now haha

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:20 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Eric

Its actually, on my bench right now haha
Guess I need to start rolling my pennies. Good deal.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:35 pm 

Nicely done, I like the two tone and nice clean lines....