Visit us on facebook

It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:43 pm 
Board Member
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:16 pm 
Members

Words Fail me...... ill just say hubba hubba.
T

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:17 pm 
Members

Nice! Really Nice. As always.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:22 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

Wooooo Hooooo

Send that baby home to daddy!

I can't wait to get it, you do amazing work Sir!

Thank you so much!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:15 pm 
Members

Oh, that's PURDY!

-Matt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:54 pm 

Amazing as always........

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:22 am 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

I am going to do my usual foot in mouth routine I have perfected. We see so few pics of these beautiful pieces by some of the smiths here its nice to be able to gaze at this beauty and see what the venerable 1911 is capable of becoming in the right hands. I only wish we could see more from more.

Mr Brian, thank you. When can't fondle ogling is the next best thing. OOh, kind of like .........!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:02 am 
Members

Nuttin' special here... move along...

But leave your name, number, and deposit at the door. Mop up your drool before you leave, please. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:45 am 

Beautiful work!

I would love to own one of those, but the series is sold out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:19 am 
Firearms Industry
Firearms Industry

Hubba hubba! Outta the park, Tim! Great work, sir.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:23 pm 
Members

That checkering is truly unique, nice lines.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I left a really small Caspian framed gun around here that Tim put his grips on for me....has anyone seen it? 8) As soon as I start to yawn at Tim's superb execution I see something else and go..."hey what the hell is that?" Good on ya CT, nice work my friend.

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:31 am 

Words escape me... you are a true artist.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:17 am 

I have a number of wonderful custom 1911's that I am quite proud of - some the product of other members here.

Nevertheless, your's are easilly the most skillfully crafted pieces I have ever seen...without question.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:52 pm 
Members

I must say that this is at the top of my list for the ultimate .45.
Fantastic work Mr. Brian.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:29 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

OK
Shame on me for taking so long to get back here about this

So it got here a couple weeks back, I could not get my hands off the girl but just did not
have the time to take her out for a work out.

Finally got her out there last week and she ran like a CHAMP! She can shoot FAR better than I can.

I have some AMAZING custom pieces by the crew here at LTW and ALL are TOP notch but there is something special about this one.

The workmanship is truly flawless but what I really love is when you hold it you just know its meant to be used and abused (she likes it rough, shes a super freak!).... My customs are all users and all the great guys here at LTW who Ive been lucky enough to have work done by build them to be used!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:03 am 
Board Member
Board Member

Glad you like it J. Carry her daily and I hope you never have to use her.

Best, Tim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:10 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

CT Brian wrote:
Glad you like it J. Carry her daily and I hope you never have to use her.

Best, Tim

Well a little update for all of you...

Recently I have begun carrying a S&W M&P Compact in .357 Sig, just is lighter and has just impressed me as an all around carry piece. And DARN I have just fallen in LOVE with that round for some reason (no I do not reload)

Regardless I am still a 1911 addict at heart and certain days I just have to let the Smith sit at home and grab one of my babies (one of a few full house build 1911s by the best smiths in the world, our LTW Smiths). The other day I had to go to a business we own in Detroit during the day, its a pretty bad area but still during the day there is a lot of traffic and since I have been a little kid I have never had a problem down there. Anyway I do not know why but for some reason I decided to grab a 1911 that morning when dressing and recently if its a 1911 its been my CT Brian Chopper or Ted Yost LW Sig Grade CCO for a 1911. That day it was the Chopper

So, I had to stop for gas a block from my store and as I said due to daylight and heavy traffic (cars and pedestrians) I was a little at ease (but still always have my guard up around there.) Knowing the area, before I pulled into the station I already had my credit card out of my wallet so I would not risk showing I had any cash on me.

As soon as I grabbed the pump and put it in my tank I was approached by a male in his early 20's. He was dressed in clean in style clothes (freshly shaved, showered, haircut so not homeless) so again my guard was a little at ease till he approached asking for some change. I explained I dont have any money on me, I was lucky my credit card still works so I can get gas and in a matter of seconds I was pushed back between the pump and garbage can, while falling back I did not rise to the occasion but I defaulted to my training and before my back was against the pump BG was greeted by a C.T. Brian Chopper right between his eyes and well all I can say is this guy would have given OJ Simpson a run for his money back in the Hertz commercials with as quick as he ran!!!

I just wanted to share this with everyone here, I know everyone here has far more experience and training than I ever will but this just shows how important constant training is and heck to be honest I think the big hole for the 45 to exit the barrel added to his OH SH*T factor! I have ALWAYS respected LE (wish I could be a part in someway but my work schedule just would not allow it I dont think) but this even made me respect you guys more as not only have I known you put your life on the line daily but now I have now seen and felt first hand how crazy it really can be

Oh yes, later that evening when I relayed the story to a friend of mine he asked me what kinda idiot I was carrying that as if I had to use it LE would have had to take it in and well things have been known to get messed up in lock up and at that point I explained to him that if LE had taken my gun it would be because I had to use it and if I had to use it and they were taking it from me then I am obviously still alive... That being the case the cost of the gun does not matter to me as my life is priceless!!!! Sure I can go buy a cheap gun and most will fire most of the time but most of the time is not good enough for me, I want something thats been gone through and tuned to win the race by the best technicians out there! I buy them to carry them and use them! These are pieces of art yes but they are workable pieces of art like any high end sports car in my mind...

So this is just a reminder to us all to always be on our guard especially in the current world/economy and this is a BIG thanks to C.T. for letting me be lucky enough to get on the Chopper list and thank you for helping make it so I am here typing this right now. Now I have decided I REALLY need to look into what is truly the best .45 carry ammo, I just have never been too picky with .45 as I have never tested them or had a problem with any feeding

As said:
"You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training."
Barrett Tillman
That is one of the most accurate quotes I have ever heard and I learned it from Randy Cain when training with him. It really has become something I live by, it has motivated me to train more but also this made me realize I have been lacking on my training as I have had some MAJOR house issues, I am getting married Sept 5th and we have a honeymoon coming up so free time has been VERY hard to come by but this shows I MUST make time to train no matter what! Finances are you just killing me now.

Now with the wedding I am going to have to slow my purchases but I have a couple projects which I MUST have still!!!!

Again thank you CT, thank you to all of the other Smiths whove allowed me the honor of having a piece of their art in my collection and thank you to Randy and the others whove put up with me in training and given me the extra time and encouragement even though I still had/have a LONG way to go

Oh yes, lastly thanks to everyone whose shared their insight and knowledge with me! I have learned so much from LTW and really think the whole membership are some of the nicest most helpful guys out there.!!!

Anyone who gets to Metro Detroit get ahold of me!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:15 pm 
LTW Supporter
LTW Supporter

PS I forgot to mention how smooth the thumb safety was yet how firm it was, there was no way I would go to turn it off and have issues doing so yet also no way I would knock it off by accident.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:31 am 
Board Member
Board Member

A successful ending to a very dangerous situation, Jeremy. You walked away. The mope ran away. The CHOPPER was ready. Most importantly YOU were ready.

People sometimes forget - it can happen anytime, anywhere.

I'm glad you didn't have to 'use' your CHOPPER. Thanks for sharing. Be safe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:45 am 

Utterly FANTASTIC pistol!

Glad you had it when you needed it and that you didn't have to pull the trigger. Also, I can completely understand the whole, "Getting married, gun purchases have to slow down." After nearly ten years I'm still not used to it though. Fortunately I bought a lot before marriage and as my tastes for finer things grow I am able to cull the herd of lesser firearms for the finer pieces I enjoy now :D

Once again, glad you are safe and your Chopper is by your side.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:30 pm 
Members

Once again, glad there was a happy resolution to your incident. Sharing your story gives a real life reminder to rest of us that it really can happen. I enjoy your posts and if I ever get to metro Detroit I certainly will look you up!

Continue to stay safe Brother!